Avon Senses: Orient - Rich and Sensual Shower Gel  » Cosmetics  »
  • As follows from this, I found myself in a need to buy some new shower gels, so as not to get too tired of using the same one all the time
  • Obviously, people with a less keen sense of smell should not have this problem

• by Rachel Evans

In last summer’s heat wave, taking several showers a day became something of a necessity for me. As follows from this, I found myself in a need to buy some new shower gels, so as not to get too tired of using the same one all the time.

Avon Senses: Orient - Rich and Sensual Shower Gel was one of the products I found on my sister’s Avon shelf. Coming in a big 500 ml (17 oz) bottle, it promised to “delight

my senses” with its rich smell and washing properties. However, since my previous experiences with the Avon Senses line weren’t that positive - the shower gel / body lotion combo proved too fragrant for me - I felt a little suspicious of this product.

As it turned out, this particular Avon Shower Gel is quite good, though with some caveats. Firstly, the product’s washing qualities are quite commendable - it lathers very nicely, and rinses without much trouble, leaving the skin clean and cared ...

• for. However, the fragrance is, indeed, “rich and sensual”, making the product perhaps more appropriate for colder seasons than summer. As it was, I felt quite overwhelmed by the strength of the gel’s smell, combined with the summer heat. Thus, I preferred to use it in smaller quantities, for instance, to add some fragrance and bubbles to my bath water, rather than as the primary washing product. Obviously, people with a less keen sense of smell should not have this problem.

On the whole,

I think that Avon Senses: Orient - Rich and Sensual Shower Gel is a product worth considering if you enjoy rich and somewhat heavy smells. It certainly seems perfect for a shower you’d take before a date with your significant other; I might also enjoy it as a gift. However, despite the large size of the bottle, it’s not really a product for the whole family; given its fragrance, the shower gel is much better suited for grown-ups than for kids.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121091273340430/k2311a0921/9.21.10