Myron: Pocket Pal- Pocket Planner
  • I found that it can fit in my pocket without a problem or any discomfort
  • I found that, due to its pocket-oriented size, there isn't much space to write a lot of information
  • I love how I'm able to write down important notes on the job in my pocket pal and not have to use a sweaty, folded up piece of notebook paper

• by Ricardo L

I got my Pocket Pal for free when I signed a lease to a spot in a warehouse. It came at a pretty good time since I was in need of something a bit more complicated and professional than a ripped piece of paper to write my hours and notes on for work. My guidelines were simple- can fit in my pocket, has space to write lots of notes in individual days, and can survive being in my pocket for hours on hot days. When I got my Pocket Pal, I was in disbelief that I seemed to have been handed exactly what I was looking for. Over the time I have used it, it turned out to be exactly that.

The Pocket Pal is pretty small in size, but not so small that it takes valuable space on the pages away. It’s roughly the size

of an index card and about as thick as a normal pen, for comparison. I found that it can fit in my pocket without a problem or any discomfort. The cover is very durable and seems to be waterproof. It has been in my pocket for hours at a time, soaked in sweat, while walking, climbing ladders, etc. The pocket pal held up through the abuse extremely well. After a few months one of the two staples holding the cover on ripped off, but I was able to repair this with a dab of super glue and it hasn’t given me a problem since. The size and durability certainly deserve a solid 10/10.

The pocket pal features individual days with a few lines to write notes on. Pretty typical of a planner you’d get at Staples. I found that, due to its pocket-oriented size, there isn’t ...

• much space to write a lot of information. I can write short notes and my hours, but that’s about it (and I write very small). I would have preferred for it to have one, maybe two more lines. One thing that disgruntled me was whenever a holiday started or ended (they included every holiday known to man), they used up a line to list it. That means I have that much less space. It’s not a big deal, but it gets a little annoying.

In addition to a planner, the Pocket Pal has a good amount of references, such as maps, area codes, conversions, current and next year calenders, how to perform CPR and first aid, a table for auto service and birthdays, a phone book, time zones, etc important websites, and etc toll-free numbers. I found these references to be quite useful sometimes. It even

comes with a small pad of paper perfect for taking notes on. I love how I’m able to write down important notes on the job in my pocket pal and not have to use a sweaty, folded up piece of notebook paper.

I love my Pocket Pal. The individual days might give you a little bit too small of an area to write, but it does what I need it to do. It’s extremely durable and pocket proof. Best of all, it fits in my pocket easily, without any discomfort. All for about 3 bucks, much less than a leather one at Staples that gives you the same thing. For 2011 I will certainly try to find another Pocket Pal from Myron. I’d give it a 9/10 because of the small space to write notes, but I can’t help but give it a solid 10/10.

l shipley says :

I am presently needing to find a copy of the Myron Pocket Pal for calendar year 2000. PLEASE let me know if you can help me with this endeavor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1221091273100330/k2311a0921/9.21.10