1996 Honda Ballade 1.5 Sedan  » Cars  »
  • Having bought this car as a pre-owned extra, I had been impressed by it during a test drive and really felt that I would be getting a great car at a very great price
  • My 1996 model Honda Ballade 1.5 was five years old when I bought it at a used car dealership and to this day, I still think it is one of the best purchases I have ever made in my life
  • The seats are comfortable enough for me to complete a 6 hour drive, only stopping twice to re-fuel and speaking of fuel and fuel consumption, on many occasions I have noticed the gauge indicating a supposed reimbursement of fuel after long distances

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

Having bought this car as a pre-owned extra, I had been impressed by it during a test drive and really felt that I would be getting a great car at a very great price.

My 1996 model Honda Ballade 1.5 was five years old when I bought it at a used car dealership and to this day, I still think it is one of the best purchases I have ever made in my life.

Although the interior is

not exactly brimming with all the latest gadgets and electronics (even of that time), it really looks beautiful in design and contributes to the overall comfort of the interior.

I have always seen this as a very practical car in that the fuel economy is very forgiving and when given a proper push after the engine has warmed up, it responds quite well. Overall, it makes for a very stable ride, even at speeds of up to ...

• 160 km/h (I haven’t gone beyond that mark) and even though the car carries no airbags, it has a safe feel about it.

The seats are comfortable enough for me to complete a 6 hour drive, only stopping twice to re-fuel and speaking of fuel and fuel consumption, on many occasions I have noticed the gauge indicating a supposed reimbursement of fuel after long distances. The needle seems to go back a couple of liters when it

had previously indicated consumed fuel; this indicates to me that the car is very efficient in limiting fuel wastage.

If one cannot afford any of the in-demand German cars but still seeks all the qualities, Honda is the way to go as was the case for me regarding my purchase of the Ballade 1.5 sedan.

Spare parts are very readily available and are among some of the cheapest, as I discovered when hunting for a new petrol filter and air filter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 921091272770330/k2311a0921/9.21.10