Wellness Core Dog Food in Ocean Fish Formula  » Pets  »
  • It seems to be the best food combination for her
  • We have not had any problems with it from square one and I believe that her stomach has gotten stronger since we added it into her diet
  • Ethoxyquin is a preservative often used in fish which I don't like because it is a dangerous chemical preservative that I do not want my pup to have

• by Slappy

I have been feeding my Golden Retriever a combination diet of Wellness Core Ocean Fish Formula and Merrick Turducken for awhile now. It seems to be the best food combination for her. We don’t feed Core exclusively as it is higher in protein and calcium than most dog foods and too much of these things may not be good. However, combined with the Turducken it gives the

perfect level of nutrition for her.

Too much calcium is not good for a large breed dog’s bones and too much protein is basically for a sled dog that is constantly on the job. The reason we wanted Core, though, is because we wanted a little but of additional quality meat protein without the grains. The Ocean fish Formula seemed like the best one since it is higher and fiber and my dog seems to do well with a little but of extra fiber. She has a bit of a sensitive stomach and this formula has been great for her. We have not had any problems with it from square one and I believe that her stomach has gotten stronger since we added it into her diet.

Twice a day, we give our pup a half a cup ...

• Wellness Core Dog Food in Ocean Fish Formula
      of Core and one cup of Merrick. She sits patiently and waits for us to tell her it’s okay to eat. Once she gets the go ahead she dives into her food, savoring every last bit. It has a minor smell but nothing over powering.

I also love the fact that it is Ethoxyquin free. Ethoxyquin is a preservative often used in fish which I don’t like

because it is a dangerous chemical preservative that I do not want my pup to have. Wellness promises to be free of the preservative and thus became so much more appealing to me.

The only downside is that it is on the more expensive side and I haven’t found this formula in petco or any commercial retail store. I buy it in Petgoods on Route 17 South in Paramus, NJ.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2921091272740330/k2311a0921/9.21.10