Khago (Reggae Artiste)  » Music  »
2.5
  • While i did think that he could hold somewhat of a conversation with his interviewer unlike a number of modern day reggae and Dancehall artistes to, he still had that embarassing problem most of them share of being unable to express themselves properly and speaking fluently without having to resport to certain slangs to make up for thei lack of practice and a limited vocabulary
  • While I think that it has a very catchy rhythm, I usually nearly slap myself for singing it, because even though the lyrics are much better than those reggae songs which constantly talk about suffering in the ghetto or those that have sexist degrading lyrics, it still is not very mature and refined when it comes to the lyrics
  • I would recommend Khago's music to fans of modern day reggae

• by Redtape

I do not like listenning to a lot of modern day reggae music, and so since I generally do no follow this genre, I have no idea how long the reggae artiste “Khago” has been around. In fact, I only became aware of him recently when his song “Nah Sell Out” became quite popular and I could hear it virtually everywhere. I also managed to catch a small prtion of an interview with him on a local television channel.

While i did

think that he could hold somewhat of a conversation with his interviewer unlike a number of modern day reggae and Dancehall artistes to, he still had that embarassing problem most of them share of being unable to express themselves properly and speaking fluently without having to resport to certain slangs to make up for thei lack of practice and a limited vocabulary.

A part from his interviewer, there was the whole business of his song “Nah Sell Out.” While I think that it ...

• has a very catchy rhythm, I usually nearly slap myself for singing it, because even though the lyrics are much better than those reggae songs which constantly talk about suffering in the ghetto or those that have sexist degrading lyrics, it still is not very mature and refined when it comes to the lyrics.

What I also notice about Khago too in the interview was that just like a few modern day reggae artistes, he tends to speak about himself in the third

person instead of in the first person; and I find this little practice of his to be quite annoying.

Khago even performed about two weeks ago with one of the contestants in the Rising Stars competition who was later eliminated. THey had both performed his hit song “Nah Sell OUt.” The only thing I can truly say I liked about Khago then is that he sounded the exact same way that he does in the video.

I would recommend Khago’s music to fans of modern day reggae.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1420091272420430/k2311a0920/9.20.10