Wibisco Shirley Ginger Biscuits  » Food  »
  • However one day when I tasted the Shirley Ginger Biscuits, I noticed that these were slightly different than the original Shirley Tea Biscuits
  • While the original Shirley Tea Biscuits had a milky taste, I notice that I could not taste any milk at all in the Shirley Ginger Biscuits and the ginger that is added to them seem to overpower all the other ingredients at times
  • Therefore in my opinion, the Shirley Ginger Biscuits mostly tasted like they were made solely out of ginger powder
  • Nevertheless, different people like different things, and so I would recommend the Shirley Biscuits mostly to people who like ginger pastries

• by Redtape

I recently started liking Shirley Biscuits even though I had not liked the taste of them and therefore had not eaten them for years. These “Shirley Biscuits” are little rectangular tea biscuits with a cute little design of a cottage in the middle of them. The original Shirley tea biscuits taste milky and even though they are crunchy when they are fresh, they still melt in your mouth when you eat them. However one day when I tasted the Shirley

Ginger Biscuits, I noticed that these were slightly different than the original Shirley Tea Biscuits.

While the original Shirley Tea Biscuits had a milky taste, I notice that I could not taste any milk at all in the Shirley Ginger Biscuits and the ginger that is added to them seem to overpower all the other ingredients at times. Therefore in my opinion, the Shirley Ginger Biscuits mostly tasted like they were made solely out of ginger powder. Then, there ...

• is the fact that I used to like the way how the original Shirley Biscuits seemed to almost melt in my mouth when I ate them, and then when I tried the same thing with the Shirley Ginger Biscuits the day I first tasted them, it was not as easy and I felt as if the makers had robbed themselves and consumers of some of the excitement and deliciousness of consuming a Shirley Biscuit.

After eating three, I came to the

conclusion that Shirley Biscuits just do not taste as good with ginger, when compared to the original. Even my mother who is very fond of the original ones said that she was not too fond of the new one with ginger either.

Nevertheless, different people like different things, and so I would recommend the Shirley Biscuits mostly to people who like ginger pastries. However, I would not recommend it to the people who have a special love for the original Shirley tea biscuits.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2720091272270330/k2311a0920/9.20.10