Black Soft Touch 2 LED Flex Neck Clip On Reading Light  » Electronics  »
  • Since I have begun my late night reading ritual, I have realized that I do not like to have the main room light on nor do I like to have the television running
  • Instead of buying a lamp for my nightstand, I thought it would be better if I went with something a little simpler and something that wouldn't take up a lot of space
  • I was browsing the Barnes and Noble website when I found the Black Soft Touch 2 LED Flex Neck Clip On Reading Light
  • I have read where one of Barnes and Noble customer had a problem with the glare of the light, but I am here to say I did not and still don't experience any glare from the light when I am reading
  • It's definitely worth the almost thirteen dollars I paid for it

• by C.Channing

I am an avid reader, and lately I have been reading more at night. Since I have begun my late night reading ritual, I have realized that I do not like to have the main room light on nor do I like to have the television running; therefore, I decided that I wanted to invest in a lamp for my nightstand and then I realized it would be a bit of an overkill. Instead of buying a lamp for my nightstand, I thought it would be better if I went with something a little simpler and something that wouldn’t take up a lot of space. I was browsing the Barnes and Noble website when I found the Black Soft Touch 2 LED Flex Neck Clip On Reading Light. Say that three times fast.

I like the Black Soft Touch Reading Light because of how easy the clip is.

It has a giant clip which is about the size of a Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookie, and I like how it has an imprint of where your thumb should go. I like how it does not take much energy to press down on the clip, and I like how wide the clip is that it can either go on the back part of the book or the back part with a couple of pages.

I like how flexible the neck of the reading light is because it bends in every direction. I like how the neck bends further away from the pages if you do not want as much light, and how close it bends forward towards the book for a full on light show. I have read where one of Barnes and Noble customer had a problem with the glare of the light, but I am ...

• here to say I did not and still don’t experience any glare from the light when I am reading. I actually like how bright the light is and I prefer it because it would truly defeat the purpose of me purchasing the reading light–I wouldn’t want to read with any type of light but bright.

The biggest pro of the Black Soft Touch Reading Light is the life of the batteries. The reading light was already packaged with the first batteries installed, and the bonus was that I received two extra CR2032 batteries free of charge that were included with the reading light as well. I have had the reading light for at least two or three months, and the batteries installed are still good as if it were the first day. I have yet to change the batteries. I am hoping to go at least six more

months before the batteries die on me.

Overall, the Black Soft Touch 2 LED Flex Neck Clip On Reading Light was the perfect purchase for me to help indulge in my late night reading. I like how easy the clip is to work with and I like how large it as well. I like the flexibility of the neck and it has an endless range of motion. I also like how you can decide on how much light you want based on the distance of how close or far away the lamp is. I like how bright the light is which really makes it easy to read in complete darkness, and I like how the reading light came with two extra batteries. I also like how the life of the batteries seems to be going pretty strong. It’s definitely worth the almost thirteen dollars I paid for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1620091272180330/k2311a0920/9.20.10