Neutrogena Ageless Essentials Continuous Hydration with Helioplex  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was happy with the product from the get-go
  • I would recommend this product to anyone who is searching for a reliable, go-to lotion for daily use

• by sangwon

I have been a devoted consumer of Neutrogena product since I was in the 5th grade. Growing up, I was plagued to terrible acne and extremely sensitive skin. My face didn’t even take to the recommended caramine soap, like Dial or Ivory, that is recommended for sensitive skin. The one product that seemed compatible was their trademark bar soap for oily skin. Now that I’m through with puberty and acne, I turn to their moisturizing products for aging and mildly dry skin. I was intrigued about their Ageless Essential Continuous Hydration with Helioplex and SPF 25 solely based on the word “helioplex”. It sounded revolutionary and new. Also this moisturizer has a slightly higher SPF than most

products, which have SPF 15.

I was happy with the product from the get-go. First, it gained my favor with words like “helioplex” (which I still don’t know what it is), “ageless”, and SPF 25. Next, it gained my appreciation when I applied the product. On the fingers, it felt slightly thick, kind of like the consistency of school glue. With a consistency like that, you would expect it to go gloppy and feel greasy. To the contrary, this moisturizer disappeared into the skin, leaving the skin lightly moisturized with a clean scent. There was no greasy or heavy after-feel and my skin didn’t feel clogged. I normally don’t like scented facial lotions, but this one ...

• had an appealing scent. My skin felt noticeably smooth and there wasn’t an after-shine that you might get with some other lotions.

Most importantly, my skin didn’t break out. My acne days may be over but my skin is still sensitive to most skin products and makeup. My skin becomes blotchy and I break out with hive-like, hard bumps that feel like bee stings – it looks worse than it sounds, too. However, my skin didn’t break out with this helioplex moisturizer. Even with frequent daily use, this product kept my skin moisturized without wreaking havoc. My skin got noticeably smooth and elastic.

Overall, I have nothing to complain about this product, not even the price. It’s affordable at

about $8, has adequate UV protection, and keeps the skin well-moisturized without the sensation of pore clogging. The fragrance is pleasant and it feels fairly light on the skin. It’s a reliable moisturizer that you can use every day, regardless of whether it’s sunny or not. I don’t need a lot of it, too; just a pea-sized amount is sufficient to moisturize my entire face. So, not only is it affordable, it’s economical. When the day is especially sunny, I do feel the need to wear additional sunscreen for more extensive UV protection; after, SPF 25 doesn’t last very long. I would recommend this product to anyone who is searching for a reliable, go-to lotion for daily use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120091271800330/k2311a0920/9.20.10