Scrubs - TV Show - E4  » TV  »
  • With the two main characters also being of different race, I think it delivers a strong message to those with negative opinions on such race related matters that people from different backgrounds and cultures can be really good friends and have fun
  • It’s a comedy with a serious side that encourages you to reflect on how you live your own life without putting you off from watching again and this I believe to be an excellent skill

• by JustHonest

If you are yet to watch the t.v sitcom Scrubs, then in my opinion you are really missing out. It was a show that took me ages to get round to making time for, but sometimes you have to sit down with shows like this and just give it a chance and once I did I was hooked.

Not realizing that in the U.S.A they refer to hospital uniform as Scrubs, I had to a certain extent questioned the title, which was probably why it took me so

long to take a chance on this.

The series follows life inside a hospital called Scared Heart and focuses in particular on the friendship between two interns called JD and Turk and their relationships with Carla, Elliott, Doctor Cox and Doctor Kelso.

The main selling point for me on this is the fact that for once it’s a comedy taking place within a hospital rather than all the serious dramas that seem to be aired both in the UK and the U.S.A.

With the two main characters also being of ...

• different race, I think it delivers a strong message to those with negative opinions on such race related matters that people from different backgrounds and cultures can be really good friends and have fun.

I also believe that whilst this might just be perceived by some to be a good comedy, it has been excellently written. You do not get through one episode without there being a morale to the story or a serious message that the writers intend the audience to take note of, despite the comical

30 minutes they have just been through.

For me, this is what separates it from other sitcoms and makes it really worth watching. It’s not just mindless jokes and comedy. It’s a comedy with a serious side that encourages you to reflect on how you live your own life without putting you off from watching again and this I believe to be an excellent skill.

Even if you are not a typical sitcom, or comedy fan, you should really give this show a chance. You might just be pleasantly surprised.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1020091271520230/k2311a0920/9.20.10