Spironolactone (Aldactone) 25 mg
  • Since being diagnosed with hypertension, it has always been a laborious task to find the best drug for my illness
  • Often times, I become disappointed because it doesn’t make up to my expectations
  • One thing that I noticed after a day of taking the drug is that I frequently had to urinate
  • Taking it in was not an issue for me since the tablet was small, round and very easy to swallow

• by C550

I wanted to try out this new medication that my nephew recommended me. I am the type of person who is always eager to experiment on new drugs to find which one would work best for me. Since being diagnosed with hypertension, it has always been a laborious task to find the best drug for my illness. Often times, I become disappointed because it doesn’t make up to my expectations. One of the drugs that I have tried is Spironolactone (Aldactone).

Spironolactone (Aldactone) is a drug which is classified as a diuretic. This drug works by increasing sodium and water excretion while sparing the potassium

in the body. Medical practitioners prescribe this medication for edema, hypertension, heart failure, and premenstrual syndrome. This drug is only available as tablets of 25, 50 and 100 mg. The one I had was the 25 mg tablets. Each tablet is round and white. It has the imprints “MP 35” on one side. I was able to buy the tablets for $2.07 each using the prescription that I had.

One thing that I noticed after a day of taking the drug is that I frequently had to urinate. I had to go to the bathroom numerous times. The drug peaked after 2-3 days of ...

• my use. Taking it in was not an issue for me since the tablet was small, round and very easy to swallow. The tablet had no bitter taste and was odourless too! Actually I have tried this other medication that also belonged to the same class. The effect of that drug was more rapid than this one. I had to observe my blood pressure for a week just to see if this was actually effective in managing my hypertension. I took several readings before and after taking the medication and recorded it in a small paper. After a week of use, I concluded that
        it actually worked. From my initial blood pressure of 140/100, it had gone down to 120/80. I was quite happy with the result. During my use of this drug, I noticed that there were times that I got drowsy. This was common in the late afternoon. Another thing was dizziness that was quite common when I stand up too quickly. There are also times that I had difficulties in maintaining an erection for a prolonged time.

Even though this drug took quite a time to reach its therapeutic effect, it still didn’t disappoint me. Coupled with the effectiveness and cheapness, I give Spironolactone (Aldactone) a rating of 8.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2620091271360230/k2311a0920/9.20.10