Sony MDR-J10 h.ear Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • Unfortunately, I've had to replace this particular model of headphones multiple times over because their longevity is a joke
  • It is the same exact problem every time for me
  • I like Sony's product so much that I willing replace each broken pair
  • I prefer the black as it doesn't show wear and discoloration as the lighter pairs do
  • I don't recommend these headphones to anyone, unless they enjoy spending money on a defunct headset

• by Aspire2Be

I absolutely love Sony’s MDR-J10 headphones. They fit around my ears perfectly, they’re comfortable for extensive use, and they don’t fall out real easy. I’ve come to love the hook design that these headphones use. Others seem to find it complex and call the MDR-J10s weird, but they’re real easy to slip on and off once you figure out how. Unfortunately, I’ve had to replace this particular model of headphones multiple times over because their longevity is a joke. It is the same exact problem every time for me. One side of the headphones with short out and

stop working entirely and the other will last, seemingly, forever. I tend to wrap the headphone cord around my MP3 player and stick them in my bookbag. If the wrapped cord is the underlying problem then I have to believe that these headphones truly are cheap.

A new pair is about $10. It’s not a lot for a comfortable pair of headphones that I, personally, am happy with the sound quality of. However, $10 every few months to replace the shorted out side is wrong. Yet I do it every single time. I like Sony’s product so much ...

• that I willing replace each broken pair. I searched online, high and low, for something else to replace them with but I can’t be sure if they’d fit my ears as comfortably or if they’d last any longer. I ended up for the fourth time buying another set of Sony’s MDR-J10.

The MDR-J10 comes in a variety of colors. White, black, blue, pink. I prefer the black as it doesn’t show wear and discoloration as the lighter pairs do.

I give this model of headphones a 6. They may not fit everyone the same way, especially those with

smaller ears, but they fit me perfectly. I can wear them for hours without feeling them and when I need to take one out to listen to someone I can hook it on my pocket. The 6 is probably undeserved because of their quick death. If they would last longer I’d be 100% satisfied with this product. It’s too bad the MDR-J10 is flawed. I don’t recommend these headphones to anyone, unless they enjoy spending money on a defunct headset. I, however, will be buying them again if necessary. At least until I find something to rival their comfort.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1620091271320230/k2311a0920/9.20.10