Toshiba 320 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive  » Computers  »
  • I bought the 320GB model from Toshiba's line of external hard drives
  • Something so simple should not be a problem
  • The only other issue I've had is the length of the USB cord that was sent with the product
  • At this point, I'd recommend getting a larger drive for the few dollars difference between the 320GB and the 500GB

• by Aspire2Be

As an avid gamer I realized running out of hard drive is not an option. Newer games are taking up more and more space. I also like to store photos, music, and backups of my DVDs and anime. This quickly eats up the 60GB of space my computer’s internal hard drive has. So I turned to Toshiba for a quick and easy solution to my lacking hard drive. I bought the 320GB model from Toshiba’s line of external hard drives.

It is portable, stylish, and while not the biggest of the pack, ample. I primarily bought the external hard drive to store my games, as they take up the largest amount of space. It is recommended NOT to use an external, USB, hard drive

for gaming as the USB 2.0 supposedly isn’t fast enough to process the game. I took a chance and find that, aside from my computer’s hardware limitations, the games run without a hitch. I play games on and offline, Call of Duty, MMO’s, and it’s been smooth sailing.

Like any hard drive, external or otherwise, the 320GB didn’t actually come with 320GB of space. It was missing a few GB, but this I was expecting and doesn’t bother me.

I am very satisfied with the internal workings and performance of Toshiba’s HDDR320E04XW model. It serves my purposes, runs well, and for nearly a year since I bought it hasn’t given me any trouble. There are, however, a couple cons to this device that shouldn’t ...

• exist at all. Where the USB cord connects into the HDD it is rather loose. Sometimes all it takes is a little jostle and the cord will come unconnected from the hard drive. Something so simple should not be a problem. The connector should securely connect. Mid-game or during file transfers this can be a real hassle. At least a couple times in the middle of a video game has the cord come disconnected. The only other issue I’ve had is the length of the USB cord that was sent with the product. It is far too short for most people, including myself. It is absurd how short the cord is, especially with the connection being loose. Fortunately I had a longer cord
        lying around that fit. I feel that these cons are two very simple issues that should be fixed to better suit the users.

Overall, aside from those two little problems I had, I find the external hard drive to be great. It’s lasted almost a year so far of continuous use. I have it plugged in a lot and often times its running a game at a steady 5,400RPM. I’ve not used it for travel or jarred it about too much, but its holding up nicely just sitting on my desk. At this point, I’d recommend getting a larger drive for the few dollars difference between the 320GB and the 500GB. I also recommend this product to anyone looking for a reliable external hard drive.

Toshiba 320 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1920091271310230/k2311a0920/9.20.10