TOP Anti-Bacterial Laundry Detergent by Lion Japan  » Housewares  »
  • The thing that I love about this detergent is that it removes dirt like a charm
  • At first I thought this was a common problem with any detergent so it was not even a complaint but recently I was visiting my relatives and stayed at their place for a few days
  • But I noticed that the clothes didn’t smell bad even after being in the machine overnight while with the Top Laundry Detergent even if the clothes were left in the machine for one hour it would begin to stink already
  • Overall the TOP Anti-Bacterial is a good laundry detergent that does an excellent job at washing clothes well and keeping the colored clothes bright and sparkly but if you want to use it, please makes sure that you put your clothes to dry as soon as possible to avoid your washed clothes from stinking

• by true_value

The TOP Anti-Bacterial Laundry Detergent by Lion Japan was introduced in Singapore about five years back and I was tempted to use it because apart from the usual claims by any other laundry detergents like removing tough stains, removing bad odor, prevent color fading this one went one step ahead and claimed to be suitable for in-door drying.

The Singapore weather is notorious for its erratic behavior and it is hard to guess the timings of the rains. One minute it would be nice and sunny and the next it rains. So normally putting the clothes out in the sun to dry is possible only if someone is at home to take the clothes in when it begins to rain. But since I was working and there wasn’t anyone at home I always had to dry my washed clothes indoors and it does smell musty if it takes longer to dry especially the thicker clothes.

So when I saw the newly launched Top Anti-Bacterial Detergent and its claim to be suitable for In-Door Drying I had to

get it. Top has few other variety they have the regular one in red pack, the one for colored clothes in purple and the anti-bacterial in the yellow pack. I always prefer to use anti-bacterial detergent so this was my default choice.

They come in 3 sizes the smallest is 3kg followed by 5g and the biggest pack is 10kg. I usually buy the 5kg pack and it costs me around S$8.00 which is more or less the same as Dymano which is the other popular detergent in the higher price category.

The Top detergent also claims to be an easy rinse formula and that there is no residue left on the clothes after wash, that it removes tough stains with advanced bio-tech enzymes. The powder is suitable for top-loading machine and also for hand wash.

The powder appears granular and is white with blue specks in it. There is not much of a fragrance just a light fresh scent and it is nice that it always comes with a free scoop inside the bag.

The ...

• thing that I love about this detergent is that it removes dirt like a charm. Every time I wash my clothes they always look so clean, fresh and bright. Even the most soiled and dirty clothes come out sparkling clean even without using the soak function or hot water.

I have been using the Top Anti-Bacterial Laundry Detergent by Lion Japan for the past three years ever since it was first introduced here in Singapore. So far I have been happy with the results. The only complaint that I have with the detergent is that I have to get the washed clothes out of the machine immediately after the machine has stopped and put them to dry otherwise they will start to stink.

At first I thought this was a common problem with any detergent so it was not even a complaint but recently I was visiting my relatives and stayed at their place for a few days. In their house they normally put their clothes in the machine for a wash before going

out or in the night before going to sleep and put their clothes to dry the following morning or after coming back home so sometime longer. I was freaked out wondering how could they be like this and wont the clothes be stinking like rotten eggs?

But I noticed that the clothes didn’t smell bad even after being in the machine overnight while with the Top Laundry Detergent even if the clothes were left in the machine for one hour it would begin to stink already. And I remember there was this one time when I forgot I had clothes in the machine and when I opened the machine about 5 hours later the clothes had such a bad smell that I had to rewash them.

Overall the TOP Anti-Bacterial is a good laundry detergent that does an excellent job at washing clothes well and keeping the colored clothes bright and sparkly but if you want to use it, please makes sure that you put your clothes to dry as soon as possible to avoid your washed clothes from stinking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5319091271050130/k2311a0919/9.19.10