Midol Caplets Menstrual Complete  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I decided to try to alleviate some of those symptoms by using Midol Caplets Menstrual Complete that was supposed to help keep the signs and symptoms down to a minimum
  • I purchased the Midol at the local grocery store and it cost me $10.99 for a 40-count bottle
  • I thought that maybe I had to give it time to start working over a period of time
  • I will definitely not purchase Midol again because it did absolutely nothing for me
  • I think I have learned my lesson that not all products that have been on the market for a long time are necessarily good products

• by Dawn

I have had the tendency to get very bad cramping during my menstrual cycle. I also get PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) very badly. I decided to try to alleviate some of those symptoms by using Midol Caplets Menstrual Complete that was supposed to help keep the signs and symptoms down to a minimum. I purchased the Midol at the local grocery store and it cost me $10.99 for a 40-count bottle.

I took one of the caplets to see if it truly did help. I waited and

waited but the signs and symptoms did not seem to be affected at all by my use of the Midol. I thought that maybe I had to give it time to start working over a period of time. I continued to take the Midol for a day or two in order to see if it would begin to work. It still didn’t seem to make a difference in my signs and symptoms of PMS and cramps. I decided this was not the medication for ...

• me. It simply didn’t do what it said it would do for me.

The cost was much more than I felt this product was worth. I got better results from using regular aspirin than I did from Midol. I will definitely not purchase Midol again because it did absolutely nothing for me. I could have taken a placebo pill and it would have done the same thing. I would suggest that you don’t waste your money on this product. I spent $10.99 for absolutely nothing. I

hope to stop others from doing the same thing with this warning. It simply doesn’t do what it is supposed to do.

Midol has been on the market for a long time. That is why I decided to trust it to do the job. I thought that if something had been on the market a long time, people must trust it and buy it. I think I have learned my lesson that not all products that have been on the market for a long time are necessarily good products.

Gabriella Powers says :

re : I think I have learned my lesson that not all products that have been on the market for a long time are necessarily good products
    I agree because I have really heavy periods and serious cramping and headaches. When I take Midol, I feel I ch better about 30 minutes after I take it and I can focus on the rest of my day. Sometimes, if my cramps are more serious I’d have to take more Midol through the day, but it works really well.

Sheena Huot says :

It did nothing for me either. Midol, in my opinion, is for minor cramps. I used to take 1-2 days off school it was so bad and I would throw up. Nothing worked for me.

Galega says :

Midol Caplet is more than a treatment for just minor cramps. In fact, It is widely prescribed for complete care of PMS. It gives relief from more than just cramps. You should also feel relief from bloating and fatigue during period.

quick note by anonymous :

Midol does nothing for me either. I also have heavy periods with heavy bleeding and terrible, soul crushing pain. Midol barely takes the edge off. I Wouldn t recommend it if you have severe pain. I still haven t found anything that really helps.

Galega says :

You are taking the wrong medicine. When you have heavy bleeding coupled with pain, then Midol (or, may be only Midol) won’t help. The first thing is to contain the heavy bleeding. Once done, the pain will subside on its own. For that, you need Tranexamic Acid Mefenamic Acid tablets. It is little bit costly, but will be quite helpful in this type of situation. You can ask about it with your OBGyne, who will also share the same thing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2619091271030130/k2311a0919/9.19.10