Iona Cordless Kettle GLK-303
  • It just makes life so much easier than having to light up the stove take out a pot pour water to boil then remember to switch off the stove etc. , I need a good cup of tea/coffee (I love tea but I like to have instant coffee too one a while) at least 4 to 5 times a day and so I like to keep a kettle at my table along with a pack of tea bags and sugar sachets and what could be better than a hassle free cordless kettle that I could just lift and pour and even take it to the tap for a refill or a easy cleaning
  • I bought the Iona Cordless Kettle GLK 303 three years back and it is still fit and fine
  • I love that the kettle comes with a filter at the spout that prevents any dust from falling into the water or might even be useful if I were to boil tea leaves with the water for brewing although I have not used it for that purpose yet as I normally only use tea bags but I guess it might be possible
  • In my opinion it is the best because I can’t imagine how a three times more expensive kettle can perform any better than this

• by true_value

Having an electric kettle is a must for people like me who can’t live without tea or coffee. It just makes life so much easier than having to light up the stove take out a pot pour water to boil then remember to switch off the stove etc.,

I need a good cup of tea/coffee (I love tea but I like to have instant coffee too one a while) at least 4 to 5 times a day and so I like to keep a kettle at my table along with a pack of tea bags and sugar sachets and what could be better than a hassle free cordless kettle that I could just lift and pour and even take it to the tap for a refill or a easy cleaning?

I bought the Iona Cordless Kettle GLK 303 three years back and it is still fit and fine. I had only paid S$19.90 for it

and didn’t expect it to be so good especially because there were other kettles from bigger brands like Tefal, Braun, Philips etc., but they were almost 3 times the price of the Iona Cordless Kettle. I did not want to invest too much for a kettle as after all it is only to boil water and nothing else.

The store that I was at had only one color available and it was the black kettle. The handle, the base and the lid were in glossy black and the body was a see through frosty body also in black. The body has a water mark which is good and I liked the idea of the see-through body so that I do not have to open the lid to check water level.

The kettle is light weight and the handle is thick and easy to hold and pour. The lid has a lock so once ...

• pressed it will lock into place and will release when the release device is pressed. There is nothing complicated about the kettle. It has an on/off switch conveniently located at the top of the handle and it comes with the indicator light at the bottom left.

The Kettle has a capacity of 1.7litre which is enough to make more than 10 cups of tea without having to refill. I love that the kettle comes with a filter at the spout that prevents any dust from falling into the water or might even be useful if I were to boil tea leaves with the water for brewing although I have not used it for that purpose yet as I normally only use tea bags but I guess it might be possible.

Since the Kettle does not have the coil iron inside the body and uses heat on the bottom plate to heat the water cleaning it is

a breeze. No more of the coiled kettles that is a pain to clean and usually gets dark from prolonged heating and looks very dirty and unappetizing.

The Iona GLK303 is great as it comes with a stainless steel base inside the kettle which does not get dark from heating and looks just like new even after using almost all day and everyday for the past three years. It is automatic and switches off by itself once the water reaches boiling point and has boiled for about 20 seconds which is good for purifying the water as well.

I love my Iona Cordless Kettle GLK303 so much that I have given one as a gift to my mother and she loves it too and I recommend it to all my friends. In my opinion it is the best because I can’t imagine how a three times more expensive kettle can perform any better than this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1619091271000130/k2311a0919/9.19.10