Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Pivoine Shower Gel  » Cosmetics  »
  • This time however, I did opt for something that leaves my skin smelling nice, so I went into Yves Rocher, which I know has body and skin care items in many different fragrances, and I bought this shower gel which is supposed to smell like peonies
  • I have used several Yves Rocher products before and I did like the results that they provided, so I thought of trying this brand again
  • It is definitely noticeable the first five minutes or so when the loofah has been lathered up and when using it on my body, but then the smell discipates
  • I do like a lot of lather and use more of any body wash or shower gel to achieve that effect, but with this shower gel, I found that it does not lather easily and even if I have produced enough lather, I either have to use a lot of the gel or the lather disappears very soon
  • Needless to say, I would not recommend this to anyone and I won’t be buying it again

• by shanjucool

I am always trying out new shower gels that are in the market. I look for shower gels that are able to do both clean, as well as moisturize the skin. A nice fragrance is a plus, but is not necessary. This time however, I did opt for something that leaves my skin smelling nice, so I went into Yves Rocher, which I know has body and skin care items in many different fragrances, and I bought this shower gel which is supposed to smell like peonies. I have used several Yves Rocher products before and I did like the results that they provided, so I thought of trying this brand again. I’m not sure why I chose the peony fragrance, it was the first time I have smelled this scent, so I thought of giving it a try.

I use this shower gel like any other shower gel that I have ever used. This shower

gel comes in a tall transparent pink bottle with a pop open cap. The gel itself is a light pink in colour and is quite runny. Its texture is similar to honey. To use, I flip over the bottle and squeeze an amount I feel would be suitable for me onto my wet loofah. I then lather it and rub the loofah all over my body and then I wash it off in the shower.

The fragrance is very floral and sweet. I am not familiar with peonies, so I cannot relay the accuracy of the smell to actual peonies, but the smell is very unusual as I have never found this smell before in any other perfumes or shower gels. I did enjoy the smell. The fragrance of this, however, is not very strong. It is definitely noticeable the first five minutes or so when the loofah has been lathered up and when using it ...

• on my body, but then the smell discipates. Also, the smell does not linger onto the skin as I would have liked, it disappears in the shower itself.

The gel does not lather up to my satisfaction. I do like a lot of lather and use more of any body wash or shower gel to achieve that effect, but with this shower gel, I found that it does not lather easily and even if I have produced enough lather, I either have to use a lot of the gel or the lather disappears very soon. I was pretty disappointed with this as to me, the more lather a gel produces and the longer I can use it all over my body without it disappearing, the more clean I feel. I felt I had to use more of this product in order to feel that way, so my product finished up pretty soon.

I also feel this gel

left my skin feeling a little tight and dry. This maybe because the gel does not wash off easily. I take pretty long showers and have used this gel as I would have used any other and the other gels did not leave me feeling this way. So I am sure in this case it is the product it self that is causing this dryness on my body skin. I have to use an extra heavy moisturizer in order to stop the itchiness that came with the dryness.

Overall, I did not enjoy using this shower gel at all as it gave me negative results in every aspect. It also costs more than a shower gel or body wash I would have bought at the drugstore, which would have given me better results. Needless to say, I would not recommend this to anyone and I won’t be buying it again. If you liked this review, please vote.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119091270930130/k2311a0919/9.19.10