Vicks Chloraseptic Throat Spray
  • In my quest to find products that would suppress my rather strong cough so that I could sleep at night and not bother other people, I found Vicks Chloraseptic Throat Spray
  • I don't like strong tastes, especially tastes that will remain in my mouth for a while
  • I love the fact that it works, but I wasn't crazy about the numb feeling
  • I would recommend this product for anyone that needs quick relief from a cough

• by Dawn

In my quest to find products that would suppress my rather strong cough so that I could sleep at night and not bother other people, I found Vicks Chloraseptic Throat Spray. It cost $6.49 for a 6 oz. bottle and was well worth the cost. The liquid was green which was a turn off to me but I wanted to give it a try anyway.

After making the purchase from the drug store, I took the bottle of green spray home

and used it. I opened the cap and squeezed on squirt into my mouth. I could immediately feel the difference. The Chloraseptic spray numbs the throat to keep it from being scratchy. It does have a very strong mediciny taste. That was one of the drawbacks. I don’t like strong tastes, especially tastes that will remain in my mouth for a while. The taste stayed in my mouth for hours. It probably would have stayed longer if I had not ...

• brushed my teeth after a while.

Chloraseptic worked very well to stop the cough. If you have a strong cough that you want to get rid of fast, this throat spray will do the trick. I don’t care for the strong medicated taste of it and probably wouldn’t purchase it again unless I needed to get rid of a cough and didn’t want a cough drop in my mouth. The only thing that holds me back from a second purchase is

the taste though. I love the fact that it works, but I wasn’t crazy about the numb feeling. That is the second thing that will keep me from making a second purchase.

I would recommend this product for anyone that needs quick relief from a cough. If you don’t mind a numb feeling in your throat and the medicated taste, this would be the perfect answer for you. If you are like me, you will only buy it in extreme emergencies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2619091270620130/k2311a0919/9.19.10