Luden’s Wild Cherry Cough Drops  » Medicine  »
  • I bought Luden's Wild Cherry Cough Drops when I was a kid and ate them like candy
  • However, when I started getting coughs from scratchy throats during allergy season, I decided to give them a chance as an adult and for the right reasons
  • Unfortunately, even though it tasted good, it didn't do the trick

• by Dawn

I bought Luden’s Wild Cherry Cough Drops when I was a kid and ate them like candy. As I got older, I realized that I shouldn’t be doing that. However, when I started getting coughs from scratchy throats during allergy season, I decided to give them a chance as an adult and for the right reasons. I purchased a bag of Luden’s Wild Cherry Cough Drops at the drug store for $2.19 for a 30 count bag.

I knew I would love the taste

as it reminded me of when I was a child. When I started coughing, I put a Luden’s drop in my mouth and hoped that it would work to get rid of the cough. Unfortunately, even though it tasted good, it didn’t do the trick. I still had a cough even with the drop in my mouth. I decided that this wouldn’t be the “cure” for me.

I didn’t taste anything that would make me think that it was a medication. It was supposed ...

• to be a medication though and I guess that should have been the first thing to clue me in that it wouldn’t work. I didn’t listen to those instincts because I was just hoping to have the comfort of a childhood memory along with medication that would work. This time it didn’t happen. This cough drop is probably better served to use for smaller children who don’t need something strong for their cough. They will like the taste and it’s probably strong enough for
        them. It isn’t really strong enough for an adult though.

I would also suggest this cough drop for anyone who doesn’t like any type of medicated taste at all and has a minor cough. My scratchy throat is very hard to handle for any cough drop. I won’t be buying the product again to get rid of a cough. That doesn’t mean that it doesn’t serve its purpose for a small cough. It just means that my cough is too strong for this particular medication.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2619091270610130/k2311a0919/9.19.10