Febreze Fabric Refresher  » Housewares  »
  • I decided to try Febreze Fabric Refresher for the carpet and drapes
  • I thought that was a comparable price to other fabric refreshers
  • I noticed that it didn't completely take away the odors that I was hoping that it would
  • I think it is fair to say that Febreze isn't the perfect answer to odors in the house, but it is about average
  • If you look at it in that way, you won't be disappointed in the product when you buy it

• by Dawn

I am a smoker and on top of all the other household smells, like kitchen trash, the house can smell less than desirable. I decided to try Febreze Fabric Refresher for the carpet and drapes. I picked up a 16.9 oz. bottle at Walmart for $3.47. I thought that was a comparable price to other fabric refreshers.

When I got home, I squirted the Frebreze around the house making sure to get the carpets and curtains thoroughly. I liked the

scent, Lavender Vanilla. It wasn’t a strong scent which is especially important to me. I wanted to see if it truly got rid of the odors as the commercials claimed. The smell seemed to last for several hours. I noticed that it didn’t completely take away the odors that I was hoping that it would. I even went to the great lengths of not smoking in the house after using the spray.

Febreze was as good as other fabric refreshers. It ...

• did get the odor out for a period of time. It didn’t, however, remove the odors that I had hoped that it would permanently. I think it is fair to say that Febreze isn’t the perfect answer to odors in the house, but it is about average. I would purchase it again but I wouldn’t go out of my way to do so. I found that the store brand does just as well so purchasing that makes more sense because
        it is cheaper and it does the exact same job.

I would suggest keeping a bottle of Febreze in the bathroom as well. I keep a bottle there in case other people are in the house and I need to “refresh” the bathroom. It does work very well to cover the bathroom odor long enough so the odor has time to ease. If you look at it in that way, you won’t be disappointed in the product when you buy it.

Febreze Fabric Refresher

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5319091270441230/k2311a0919/9.19.10