Carmex for Cold Sores Lip Balm
  • I decided, for once in my life, to follow my mother's advice and picked up a bottle of Carmex for cold sores lip balm
  • I prefer to put something like this on without having to use my fingers

• by Dawn

I have a very bad cold sore that needed quick attention. My mother mentioned that she uses Carmex when she gets a cold sore because it makes it go away quickly. I decided, for once in my life, to follow my mother’s advice and picked up a bottle of Carmex for cold sores lip balm. I paid $1.69 for .25 oz. of the balm. That does sound like a small amount of lip balm, but it really does last for a long time.

I opened the package

in my car and rubbed my finger across the top of the balm to get some of it on my finger. I then rubbed the balm across my lips, most of it going on the cold sore that I had. I wasn’t crazy about the fact that I had to use my finger to put the lip balm on, but it isn’t in tube form like other lip balms are. I prefer to put something like this on without having to use my fingers.

The balm did ...

• work to quickly to get rid of the cold sore. It also made the cold sore less painful while it was healing. The cold sore was gone within a couple of days. That was the entire purpose of using the lip balm to start with. It did the job and I had no further problems with cold sores. I don’t know if the fact that no cold sores that returned was due to the Carmex, but I would like to think it was the Carmex that
        prevented further issues with them.

Carmex didn’t really have a taste which was a good thing. It didn’t taste medicated and that is a taste that I can’t deal with. I would use this product again should another cold sore ever came back. I would also suggest that others use Carmex if they have a cold sore. It will work to get rid of the cold sore within a couple of days so you don’t have to deal with the pain and the ugliness of having one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2619091270391230/k2311a0919/9.19.10