Post Honey Bunches of Oats  » Food  »
2.5
  • It's an okay cereal that manages to rise other cereals down the cereal aisle because it's not super sweet and also because it's not very expensive, and those are two qualities that cereals in the cereal aisles in grocery stores and supermarkets seem to offer in abundance, unfortunately
  • The oat clusters are crunchier than the cereal flakes, and that difference in texture, I like

• by CirclingCanvas

Post Honey Bunches of Oats is a cereal that doesn’t excite me all that much when I sit down to have it in the morning with milk or at another time, as a snack. It’s an okay cereal that manages to rise other cereals down the cereal aisle because it’s not super sweet and also because it’s not very expensive, and those are two qualities that cereals in the cereal aisles in grocery stores and supermarkets seem to offer in abundance, unfortunately. Post Honey Bunches of Oats is a mildly sweet cereal that gets its sweetness from the honey that is baked into some, although not all, of the cereal flakes. There are some cereal

flakes that are just plain and don’t contribute much in terms of flavor, but luckily, more often than not, I get some cereal flakes that are treated with honey mixed in with the flavorless flakes, and so the spoonful I take isn’t devoid of taste.

Along with the crunchy cereal flakes, which by the way don’t quite remain crunchy for long when milk is added, there are also oat clusters that are crunchy regardless of whether they are sitting in milk or being eaten directly out of the box. There’s some honey flavoring to be found on the oat clusters as well, and they offer a nice change of pace from the thin cereal flakes found ...

• in this cereal. The oat clusters are crunchier than the cereal flakes, and that difference in texture, I like. I only purchase this cereal every now and then though, and even then, that’s if I have a coupon or its on sale, otherwise I buy the Walmart Great Value Crunchy Honey Oats as that cereal is cheaper as it sits at one dollar and eighty-four cents while the Post cereal runs for almost two dollars and fifty cents. Neither cereal is as good as the General Mills Honey Nut Cheerios or the Walmart Great Value Honey Nut Spins, though, and that’s why I don’t spend money on it too often.

I’m rating this cereal a “5″

because the Walmart Great Value brand is cheaper and comes with more cereal in the box while preserving the flavor and texture of the Post cereal. The Post cereal is one that I’ll buy if I can get it cheap because it’s a moderately tasty cereal that stays partially crunchy in milk, but it’s not a cereal that really does a whole lot for me and is merely satisfactory on a minor level. The honey-flavoring is pleasant though and it’s nice to have a cereal that’s not loaded with sugar, but there’s still enough sugar where I don’t feel the urge to add sugar when I have a bowl of the Post Honey Bunches of Oats cereal.

Post Honey Bunches of Oats

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719091270331230/k2311a0919/9.19.10