Splice (Movie) 2009  » Movies  »
2.5
  • There are also a lot of scenes in the film that were really disturbing and I think by disturbing I meant abnormal scenes
  • This movie is half fascinating and I know that the plot makers meant well into making this movie happen, but I guess in the middle of it something went wrong and it kind of got stuck and it became a bore
  • There are a lot of people really impressed with this movie but I am not

• by dng

I was really intrigued with this movie “Splice” that I finally decided to see it for myself. I have been putting off seeing it for the longest time because my husband did not want to watch it. I finally had the time of day to see it finally.

Splice is a thriller, science-fiction movie which stars Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley as scientists

who are experimenting with human and animal DNA. They are actually trying to find a good way to save humankind by experimenting with these DNA. However in the midst of doing so, they finally did it and they were able to create a half-human, half-animal creature. They nurture it, study it, and finally were able to let it grow and mature into a winged creature that has animal and human instincts.

This movie is really about defying the concept of nature and creation. Humans are constantly wanting to experiment and do things to improve the lives of the majority, but in the process they forget that creating something alive will have a lot of dangerous consequences.

The effects were made well. In the middle of ...

• Splice (Movie) 2009
      the film the movie kind of dragged. It became very predictable. There are also a lot of scenes in the film that were really disturbing and I think by disturbing I meant abnormal scenes. This movie is half fascinating and I know that the plot makers meant well into making this movie happen, but I guess in the middle of it something
      went wrong and it kind of got stuck and it became a bore. There are a lot of people really impressed with this movie but I am not. I find this just okay, well meant, and the reasons for making this is probably to show how we should not meddle with human life and DNA, and how bad the consequences may be once we do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119091270281230/k2311a0919/9.19.10