Miele Dishwasher Model G645  » Housewares  »
  • Unfortunately, this is one of the few remaining if not the only brand which is still being made in Germany
  • This eco program takes at least 4 hours and this in my opinion is not an economic cycle at all
  • There are other things which I like about this dishwasher
  • It is also convenient as positioned this way in the dishwasher (the upper part), the jet sprays can clean each and every piece thoroughly as the cutlery is lying in a horizontal position

• by bethbarl

I have heard so much about Miele and how it seems to be at the top end of brands of home appliances. Unfortunately, this is one of the few remaining if not the only brand which is still being made in Germany. The rest are manufactured somewhere else and basically outside of Europe. Price wise, there is a €400 difference between any Miele machine and other brands of dishwasher

The Miele dishwasher I have here in Brussels is part of the kitchen fittings. I am glad that there is one on hand so as not to buy a separate dishwasher but at the same time, I would have preferred to have a say in the choice of home appliances.

There are about 5 programs on this machine which includes an eco, normal (50ºC), universal (55ºC), universal plus (55ºC), intensive

(75ºC) and pre-wash. Unless I have dishes which are extremely dirty, I opt for the universal plus wash. There is also a child safety lock which is used by inserting a key in the slot on the door. Although I have no real use of this feature as my kids are grown up, it can be useful when I have young guests around the house.

My biggest complaint is that the programs on the machine last too long. I only chose the eco program as the rest of my personal effects are still in transit. I have limited dishes, pots, pans and cutlery to wash. This eco program takes at least 4 hours and this in my opinion is not an economic cycle at all. I cannot wait that long for dishes to be ready. On the other hand, the ...

• machine gets the cleaning done and the washing results are excellent even if there is no pre-rinsing. I personally believe that 4 hours to do this would achieve the same effect.

There are other things which I like about this dishwasher. It operates very quietly, I hardly hear it when it is in use. I also like that the racks are arranged differently and there is a lot of space inside. The cutlery tray is its biggest attraction for me as I do not need to sort the knives, spoons and teaspoons again once I unload the stuff. It is also convenient as positioned this way in the dishwasher (the upper part), the jet sprays can clean each and every piece thoroughly as the cutlery is lying in a horizontal position. This gives me a lot of comfort knowing that

the spoon or knife that I use to eat is sanitized and hygienic

Maintaining this machine is just about the same as any other dishwasher. I usually put regenerating salt when there is a button which lights up and top up the rinse aid compartment for streak free results. I also check that the arms and baskets are disengaged and free from any food debris. After 3 months of use, I also intend to clean the machine by running it empty with a dishwasher cleaner to ensure that the heating elements are cleaned and that grease which has accumulated inside the machine will be removed.

Altogether, this is a machine brand which I will not buy for myself. I personally believe that it is too expensive for what it is. But, it gets the dishes cleaned, operates quietly and is quite durable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5319091270251230/k2311a0919/9.19.10