Dark Messiah of Might and Magic  » Games  »
  • The game was too short in my opinion, only 9 chapters if I recall correctly
  • In fact there were sections earlier in the game which i found far more challenging
  • The ending to the story was a huge let down and I would definitely describe it as an anti climax
  • However despite my comments and feelings about Dark Messiah, I would recommend the game, as I did have a lot of fun playing it, but it was no where near the best game I have played before

• by Dr Shaun Hutchinson

I have just finished playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for PC developed by Ubisoft.

The game had major software issues which kept crashing my computer. i kept getting the “windows blue screen of death”. So I went to go so if there was a patch available for download. I managed to download one from the Ubisoft website, which solved the PC crashing. However, after installing the patch, there were still glitches in the game, like items just

disappearing from my back pack; and also being unable to select certain weapons with I had assigned to the shortcut keys; also there were still other glitched present, but these were minor, such as graphical errors.

All in all the game play was fun, the story line was good, but not fantastic. The game was too short in my opinion, only 9 chapters if I recall correctly. The whole game only took me 2 days to complete on the hardest ...

• setting.

The story’s main villain was too easy to beat in the final battle, with hardly no challenge being offered. In fact there were sections earlier in the game which i found far more challenging. The ending to the story was a huge let down and I would definitely describe it as an anti climax.

The game did not allow for the full development of all of my character’s powers, skills and abilities, which was very disappointing. Just as my

character was getting somewhere and I was beginning to master the use of the skills and weapons, the story ended. I feel that more skill points should have been awarded in the game, so the full potential of the character could be realized.

However despite my comments and feelings about Dark Messiah, I would recommend the game, as I did have a lot of fun playing it, but it was no where near the best game I have played before.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2819091270201230/k2311a0919/9.19.10