Terro Ant Killer  » Housewares  »
  • By the second day, there were still ants crawling in the pantry, but we noticed a big difference in the amount of ants crawling
  • By the fourth day, I did not notice any more ants and I thought our problem had been solved
  • Well, unfortunately, my kids began to tell me in the next day or two that they were seeing ants in the pantry still

• by mjcnv36

Two weeks ago, I began to notice a few ants on the shelves of my pantry. I killed them by smashing them with a napkin. More came back, and this time, it was many more. This was the first time I’ve had ants in the house for at least three years. Since they weren’t going away, I asked my husband to pick up some ant poison. We have small children, so the type of poison had to be one that wouldn’t hurt them. The first kind he bought was like the old roach motels–the ants were supposed to go in and get the poison and then carry it back to the queen. Instead the ants went around the poison ‘hotels’ and proceeded to look for other food, that is, our food.

So I sent my husband back to the store and he found Terro Ant Killer. I had mixed feelings about this product because it is a liquid, so I was worried the kids might accidentally touch it and become poisoned. But we really had no choice but to use it, so we put the poison on the highest shelf where the ants were crawling (they were on three different shelves).

The product comes with nine pieces of peforated cardboard that are to be torn off, and then the poison is to be placed in the middle of those tabs. I liked this setup, because it meant that the poison did not have to be directly placed on my pantry shelves so I wouldn’t have to worry about cleaning it up later. Instead, I’d ...

• just have to throw away the tabs. We placed three tabs on the shelve with a large drop of the clear poison on each one. Immediately, the ants seemed very attracted to the poison and we were very pleased. By the second day, there were still ants crawling in the pantry, but we noticed a big difference in the amount of ants crawling. By the third day, I only saw one or two ants. By the fourth day, I did not notice any more ants and I thought our problem had been solved.

Well, unfortunately, my kids began to tell me in the next day or two that they were seeing ants in the pantry still. So, I had my husband put fresh drops of poison on the tabs. Again,

the ants were attracted to it. It has been several more days and there are still ants in the pantry, just a lot less of them. But now, we’ve also been seeing some ants in very small numbers on our kitchen island and on one of the kitchen counters that is adjacent to the pantry. I am only somewhat satisfied with this product. We haven’t gained complete control over this problem and I am afraid we are going to have to contact a pest control company, something we were hoping to avoid. Did this product do what it was supposed to do? Well, it did attract the ants and kill off some of them. I can only give this product a rating of six because it did not eliminate our ant problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317091269580130/k2311a0917/9.17.10