The Universe: Season 1 Ep. 2: Secrets of the Sun: TV show  » TV  »
  • The show Secrets of the Sun (Season One Episode Two) was, like all the Universe episodes I’ve seen, very interesting
  • In college, I found Astronomy to be tedious, but if I had had episodes of The Universe to watch to help me learn, I’m sure I would have found it fascinating
  • So many times I have taken the sun for granted, but I learned through this program that the sun is really a fascinating celestial body

• by opalina143

The Universe is a great series that examines features of the universe in documentary style. The show Secrets of the Sun (Season One Episode Two) was, like all the Universe episodes I’ve seen, very interesting. In college, I found Astronomy to be tedious, but if I had had episodes of The Universe to watch to help me learn, I’m sure I would have

found it fascinating.

This particular episode explores the sun. So many times I have taken the sun for granted, but I learned through this program that the sun is really a fascinating celestial body.

For one thing, I had always thought that the rays of the sun were constant- that the rays were always the same, emanating from the core and falling on the earth in a consistent way. Not so! It turns out that the sun is dynamic.

It has sunspots, solar flares, and massive solar storms. I learned that a powerful enough solar flare could knock out all communications networks on earth.

I also learned about the life cycle of the sun- how it was made, how it will change as time goes by,

• The Universe: Season 1 Ep. 2: Secrets of the Sun: TV show
      and, eventually, how it will die.

I learned a great deal about the sun in this episode, and the narrator managed to make it all interesting.

The show used computer generated graphics to show how the sun operates, showing dramatizations of sun storms and the solar winds. I managed to learn a great deal while being entertained.

The show completely transformed my way of

looking at the star we call our sun. In class such information about the sun might be boring, but the program managed to make it interesting.

If you like learning things about science and nature, you will like this episode. Though some people might be bored by it, the Universe is a popular show because of people like me who like learning new things.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1017091269570130/k2311a0917/9.17.10