AEG Lavamat Silent Plus SystemWashing Machine Model 74850A  » Housewares  »
  • I like that there are so many programs to choose from (about 20) and there are specific ones for cotton, jeans, lingerie, woolen stuff, synthetic and viscose fabrics
  • There is even a program just for duvets and comforters which I found delightful since I always worry that my linen will just be destroyed when I put them in the machine
  • It is also a perfect complement to the dryer that I bought
  • There is a bell which goes off when the laundry cycle is completed and unless I press a button to indicate that I know that it is done then, it will not stop ringing (annoying at times but useful when I need reminding)
  • I am very happy with this machine and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone in search of a high performing and reliable machine

• by bethbarl

I sold my LG washing machine when I left Botswana and since moving in to Brussels a couple of weeks ago, I needed to buy a washing machine. The house here is not furnished with the exception of the kitchen which has a cooker, fridge and a dishwasher. I replaced it with this AEG machine. The sales rep at Krefel (appliance store) explained that if I wanted an energy efficient one then this appliance would be the most suitable. In the energy classification rating, it is categorized as A which means that among the others there, this would consume less energy. I need no convincing as to the performance of this machine as I have another

one in Luxembourg which continues to serve me well.

This is a front loading machine with an LCD screen which is a convenience since I can actually see how much time is left until my washing is done. I like that there are so many programs to choose from (about 20) and there are specific ones for cotton, jeans, lingerie, woolen stuff, synthetic and viscose fabrics. There is even a program just for duvets and comforters which I found delightful since I always worry that my linen will just be destroyed when I put them in the machine. With this machine, these worries are nearly eliminated.

Another program which I like to use is the 20 minute washing cycle (minimum of 3 kgs.). because often, my kids just throw in clothes which are hardly dirty. This function saves me a lot of time and energy. Similar to this program is the quick wash which is a life saver when I have to do my laundry very quickly. The wash time is shorter but sanitation is not compromised because I can program it to wash at higher temperatures.

Each time I choose a program, the LCD shows the recommended temperature and the spin speed (400 to 1400 rpm) as well as the wash time. I can, however, change the temperature and the spin speed as I want. For minimum creases at the end ...

• AEG  Lavamat  Silent  Plus SystemWashing Machine Model 74850A
      of the wash cycle, I opt for the rinse hold or night cycle (water must be drained before the clothes can be taken out).

There is also the usual child lock function and a delay timer button of up to 20 hours. The latter is actually better than my other machine as it gives me enough time to choose putting off the laundry by as much as nearly a day.

Its full loading capacity of 7 kgs is just enough for my family’s needs. It is also a perfect complement to the dryer that I bought. There is a bell which goes off when the laundry cycle is completed and unless I press a

button to indicate that I know that it is done then, it will not stop ringing (annoying at times but useful when I need reminding). The good thing is once the bell rings, then I do not have to wait for a full minute before I could unload the contents. The door is immediately unlocked which is a refreshing change from previous machines I have owned.

At a cost of € 799, this is not exactly cheap. But, it seems durable, is easy to use and gets the cleaning done for all the clothes in my household. I am very happy with this machine and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone in search of a high performing and reliable machine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317091269481230/k2311a0917/9.17.10