AEG LavaTherm 59850 Dryer  » Electronics  »
  • It was never a problem to get the clothes dry
  • As I also got the AEG washing machine, my husband and I agreed that an AEG Dryer would be the best purchase (did not want a combined machine as I could not use both functions at the same time)
  • I like that there are specific programs for jeans, bed linen, woolen clothes, viscose and even sports clothes which do not need ironing
  • The trick here is to remove the clothes immediately and hang them to avoid creases

• by bethbarl

I never had a dryer before because there was always the possibility of line drying in most of the places I have lived. Even at home, my family and my husband’s family before me never had a dryer as it degrades the state of the clothes very quickly not to mention the huge energy that it uses. It was fine then as I could still put up some clothes line in the garage which is also heated. It was never a problem to get the clothes dry. However, here in Brussels, the basement is not heated which forced me to buy a dryer for our clothes.

As I also got the AEG washing machine, my husband and I agreed that an AEG Dryer would be the best purchase (did not want a combined machine as I could not use both functions at the same time). Like our AEG washing machine, this appliance is rated an

A which consumes 40% less energy than the standard machines of the same kind in the market.

I find this dryer easy to use. There are about 19 programs and these are enough to choose from - extra dry, intensive dry, cupboard dry, iron dry. I like that there are specific programs for jeans, bed linen, woolen clothes, viscose and even sports clothes which do not need ironing. For shirts and blouses I use the easy iron program which has a special anti-crease mechanism. The trick here is to remove the clothes immediately and hang them to avoid creases. In this case, it is useful to put in the buzzer function which will go off once the program is completed.

The wool program is also another feature which is really useful for all sweaters and pullovers which have wool content. I anticipate using this function even more during the coming winter months. The machine dries ...

• my woolens effectively without damaging the fabric.

I also like that the programs can be adapted to my needs. Like my AEG washing machine, once I choose a program it shows automatically the proposed drying time and the spin speed (can be changed from 400 to 1800). As it has an LCD panel, it also shows the different drying stages on the screen marked by the figures of an iron, sun, closet, fan and clothes. It also seems to be an intelligent machine as the machine continues to turn until the clothes are dry even if the timer has finished.

There is also a program called timer which allows me to set individual times of drying from a minimum of 10 minutes to a maximum of 3 hours. I find this useful especially for the office shirts and pants of my husband. Equally, if I want to put off drying at a later time, the delay

timer program is easily activated (minimum of 30 minutes to a maximum of 20 hours). It is also possible to dry clean clothes in this dryer but this is a function which I have not explored but will probably do so in the future.

Otherwise, as this is an indoor dryer, the water condenser container has to be emptied regularly (I do it after a full program is completed) and both the micro-fine and fine filters have to be cleaned of lint. Other than these tasks, there is not much that needs to be done in caring for this machine.

Overall, this is an excellent dryer for me because all types of fabric can be dried and are dried well. In addition, it is very user friendly and easy to maintain. I personally believe that spending € 1000 for this machine is worth it especially if it will withstand all the clothes drying needs of my household.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1617091269461230/k2311a0917/9.17.10