Avid Media Composer 5 Academic software  » Software  »
  • It is extremely addicting especially if you love to edit videos, movies, tv shows etc. It gives more than flexibility and it also keeps you wanting more What did I like about this software

• by willyable

We are avid Youtube people who not only enjoy watching Youtube videos but making our own videos as well. The software that we use on a regular basis is the Avid Media Composer 5 Academic software. This software is high tech and way above all the other software’s out there. It comes with tons of features that leave you wanting to do more. It is extremely addicting especially if you love to edit videos, movies, tv shows etc. It gives more than flexibility and it also keeps you wanting more

What did I like about this software? Well I basically loved the price. The price was perfect considering that it was very high speed. WE paid $300 for this software and it was worth every single penny. I have absolutely no regrets when it

comes to using this software.

It is capable of accessing and edit RED files. You can edit these red files through MMA as well. You don’t have to worry about transcoding. images are scaled to the HD frame size. Another thing that I like about this software is that it can also access and edit MPEG-2 media files from all of the new Canon cameras. It edits these files through AMA and it’s easy as pie to do. IT has a tutorial that you can read through to get an idea of what to do.

If that isn’t enough you can view stereo track through one single channel. There is a timeline that they offer to help you figure of what is what and where things are. The ...

• timeline is easy to read and if you have no idea how to deal with a timeline, it’s really easy to learn. I’m not going to lie I had major trouble at first because it was unfamiliar to me but once I got used to looking at it, I was set to go.

Even though this is an video editing software, I’m able to actually Create high-quality sounds along with mixes. There is an RTAS plug in that supports this feature. If you don’t want to be online while editing your work you can do t offline with the Xdcam proxies. I haven’t tried this yet but my wife says that it works great and uses it all the time.

One of my favorite features is the fact that when I’m in the middle

of rendering a file and it happens to want to take forever to render, the system will stop and take a break. It emails me at my primary email address and lets me know when it’s done. This helps when it comes to large media and video files. I don’t have to sit forever and wait on it to do it’s thing.

If you want to get a hold of a video editing software that is capable of giving you great quality edits in a quick amount of time then you might want to check this software out. This software is way past reliable and it has created tons of videos for me. The features, options and editing tool are advanced and they leave with a lot of different things to work with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3017091269381230/k2311a0917/9.17.10