Avon Amari Perfume (Eau de Cologne) Purse Spray  » Perfume  »
  • Now that I am more than grown up, I decided to try some Avon perfumes myself
  • Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a little squirt with Avon Imari
  • I prefer light perfumes that can't be smelled throughout an entire room and Amari definitely does not fit this bill
  • I consider it a mistake to have purchased it in the first place
  • Sweet Honesty sounds like a much better idea because it isn't nearly as strong as I found Amari to be

• by Dawn

I grew up with Avon products all over the house. My mother used Avon Perfumes a lot when I was a child. Now that I am more than grown up, I decided to try some Avon perfumes myself. They don’t call it perfume any more though. It is now call Eau de Cologne. There was a new perfume out by Avon that my mother hadn’t used when I was a kid. It was called Amari and I decided to purchase a bottle. I saw that there was a smaller sized bottle specifically made to go in a woman’s purse. I decided to

give it a try and paid $9.00 for a 1 oz. sized bottle.

When I received the order, I opened it up and gave it a little squirt. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a little squirt with Avon Imari. Imari has quite a strong smell to it and I was stuck with it for several hours after the initial squirt onto my arm. It isn’t likely that I will purchase Imari again no matter what container it is in. The first and foremost reason is because I am allergic to perfumes that strong. I began to sneeze and before all was ...

• said and done, I was even wheezing. I also have to keep in mind my mother who has severe asthma. This perfume would set her into an asthma attack like no other.

Amari would probably be just fine for anyone that has never had breathing problems. It is not, however, good for people who do have those problems. Amari would be too strong of a smell for me in any case. I prefer light perfumes that can’t be smelled throughout an entire room and Amari definitely does not fit this bill. I actually threw the perfume away because I knew there was no

chance I would use it again.

I will probably try other Avon perfumes but this isn’t one of them. I consider it a mistake to have purchased it in the first place. Avon has a lot of great products, but there are some that should have stayed in the idea room instead of being sold in their catalog. I think the next time I decide to try an Avon perfume, it will be an older one like the one’s that my mother used to use. Sweet Honesty sounds like a much better idea because it isn’t nearly as strong as I found Amari to be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5617091269091230/k2311a0917/9.17.10