Mamma Mia!  » Theatre  »
Winter Garden Theater, 1634 Broadway, New York, NY
  • I recommend it for people of all ages, except maybe tweenies as they may not find it as entertaining

• by Slappy

I have seen Mammia Mia! twice on Broadway. My husband, mother and her boyfriend took me for my birthday one year and it was excellent. The storyline is about a girl who is engaged to be married but doesn’t know who her real dad is. her mother was a but promiscuous at one point in her life and the girl, Sophie, finds that out in her mother’s diary. Thus,

she invites all 3 prospective men to her wedding unbeknownst to her mother.

Without giving away too much of the story, I’ll just say that not only is the storyline excellent, but the acting, humor and music are outstanding. Who doesn’t love the Abba soundtrack? For those of you who didn’t know, the entire soundtrack and storyline is based on Abba’s music. The humor is also exceptional. For instance, one ...

• of the mother’s “heavier” friends has a crush on one of the potential dads. In the beginning he’s not very turned on by her but then during the song “take a chance on me,” the friend is singing to the man and the acting they go through for her to convince him to take a chance on her is hysterical.

Recently I saw it for a second time when my cousin landed the

role of Sky - Sophie’s fiance. I am not biased, as I did love the show before I even saw or knew he was in it, but once he landed his role the show got that much better. The cast really knows what they are doing and everything seems to flow together very well. I recommend it for people of all ages, except maybe tweenies as they may not find it as entertaining.

Mamma Mia!

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3217091268941230/k2311a0917/9.17.10