Nicoderm CQ Step 1 Patch 21 MG Stop smoking patch
  • I still wasn't getting the overwhelming feeling that I wanted to smoke, but I definitely wanted a cigarette
  • The dreams began to bother me a great deal and so I decided that I would discontinue that patch

• by Dawn

I am a rather heavy smoker and have wanted to quit for years. Each attempt I made to quit smoking failed miserably. I figured I might need some aid in quitting so I purchased Nicoderm CQ Clear Patch to help. I paid $26.97 for 7 patches from Walmart. I read the instructions which stated it would be a good idea to wait until the morning to put the patch on when I haven’t smoked yet. That is exactly what I did.

I placed the patch on my arm in the morning upon waking up.

I went to work and realized that it would take some time for the patch to actually kick in. I didn’t have much of a problem though. I didn’t feel any overwhelming need to light up. As the day progressed, I started to feel a little more anxious. I still wasn’t getting the overwhelming feeling that I wanted to smoke, but I definitely wanted a cigarette. The instructions say not to smoke with the patch on, but I did it anyway. That was an interesting adventure. After smoking with the patch on, I
      became slightly light headed. It wasn’t an overwhelming feeling but just a feeling of being a little bit high. In fact, it put me in a very good mood. I wouldn’t suggest anyone do that though. It can have dangerous affects that aren’t worth it and that isn’t why I smoked with the patch on. I did it because I am stubborn and I felt the need to smoke a cigarette and I didn’t want to waste the patch. I did find that I was smoking far less when I had the patch ...
      • Nicoderm CQ Step 1 Patch 21 MG Stop smoking patch
      on. I had one cigarette that day and it was more than enough to get me through.

The worst part about wearing the patch wasn’t during my waking hours. When I tried to go to sleep that night, I tossed and turned most of the night. After I finally did fall asleep, I was met with some very odd dreams. The dreams didn’t make sense but they were rather scary in some instances. This became a nightly ritual. The dreams began to bother me a great deal and so I decided that I would discontinue that patch. Once I stopped using the patches, the dreams went away and I was able to sleep at night. I still smoke so the patches did not work for me. Other people have great success with them and not everyone gets the dreams and sleeplessness from them. I wasn’t one of those people though. I wouldn’t waste my money on the patches again. Even though they did help take away the cravings to some extent, I didn’t like not being able to sleep and I definitely didn’t like the dreams I was getting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2617091268831130/k2311a0917/9.17.10