Hellcats: I Say a Little Prayer TV Show  » TV  »
  • I very much enjoyed seeing Teryl Rothery, who guest starred as Savannah's mother
  • On a larger scale, I like the growing friendship between Marti and Savannah, two very different people on the surface who actually have more in common than is noticeable

• by Orrymain

Hellcats: I Say a Little Prayer picks up right where the pilot ended, and it’s not long before new cheerleader Marti (Alyson Michalka) is confronted with her biggest nightmare, her mother (Gail O’Grady). Mom is a horrid stage mom, so she just has to go, something that Marti’s dorm mate and cheerleader team captain Savannah (Ashley Tisdale) helps to take care of.

I truly do not like O’Grady’s character. She annoys me, and I don’t feel like there

is anything new with her characterization of the part. We’ve seen these type of roles before. It’s stereotypical and just not enjoyable. O’Grady is too good for this character, unless something is going to happen to give Wanda the mom more depth.

I very much enjoyed seeing Teryl Rothery, who guest starred as Savannah’s mother. I always think of Rothery from her role as Janet Fraiser on Stargate SG-1. This is a much different part.

• She’s southern, accent and all, and pretty religious. She’s also at odds with Savannah. I truly hope that she reoccurs and is seen a lot.

Two other small bits that I enjoyed was watching Robbie Jones as Lewis Flynn and Matt Barr as Dan Patch. Lewis is part of the cheer squad and he goes after his ex-girlfriend on the team who was up to no good. Dan is Marti’s best friend who eventually asks

Savannah out on a date. I like them together.

On a larger scale, I like the growing friendship between Marti and Savannah, two very different people on the surface who actually have more in common than is noticeable.

The worst story line is between the cheer coach, her boyfriend the doctor, and her ex-boyfriend who is the current football coach. This is so predictable and so soap opera that it lowers the level of this show. It needs to be dismissed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1015091268670430/k2311a0915/9.15.10