Weight Watchers Point System for Nursing Moms  » Health  »
  • There are four main reasons why this diet is so amazing for nursing moms
  • Third, the focus of this diet is to lose weight in a safe and slow manner, so it is in the best interest of the mom and the baby
  • Lastly, I really like the diet because I consider Weight Watchers to be a trustworthy company

• by mjcnv36

I have several children, and I have used the Weight Watchers Point System for nursing moms twice; I am currently using the system right now and have been doing this successfully for one month. There really is no better diet for nursing moms than the Weight Watchers Points. In fact, before I began using it, I tried to do research on the internet to find diets for nursing women, and sadly, I could not find any. Not only could I not find specific diets, I was only able to find suggested caloric intake recommendations for nursing women trying to lose weight, and even those recommendations varied per site.

So then I found Weight Watchers. The point system for nursing women is

just like the point system for regular people, with the exception that nursing women get to add an additional ten points to their point range. There are four main reasons why this diet is so amazing for nursing moms. First, you have to eat at least two dairy servings, eight servings of fruits and vegetables, and eight glasses of water. This means that moms need not worry about the quality of the diet–this is important because what nursing moms ingest, baby gets also via the milk so quality is very important to the health of the baby. Secondly, the extra points make this diet easy to stick to without being hungry. I am very rarely hungry on this diet if ...

• I make wise food choices. I always feel satisfied, but I can also say that I hardly ever feel truly full either. However, being satisfied is just fine with me because I am able to feel good and shrink my tummy a bit too. Third, the focus of this diet is to lose weight in a safe and slow manner, so it is in the best interest of the mom and the baby. Losing weight too quickly can release toxins into the breastmilk. Fourth, no foods are off limits on this diet! Every food has a point value so you can literally eat what you want as long you also follow the other guidelines for produce, dairy, etc.

This diet

is very easy to follow and in the last month I have lost about eight pounds. This is the same amount of weight I lost per month the last time I used this diet as a nursing mom so at least it is also consistent. I feel full of energy, which is so important when, as a new mom, I am also sleep deprived. Lastly, I really like the diet because I consider Weight Watchers to be a trustworthy company.

I can’t say enough nice things about this diet. Weight Watchers did an excellent job designing this program and I hope it never goes away. The diet can be done online at the Weight Watchers website or by joining a group.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415091268330330/k2311a0915/9.15.10