Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Walk & Kick  » Health  »
  • Now, thanks to my new Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Walk and Kick workout, I have the best of both worlds
  • This is definitely a fun addition to the workout, and it meshes together really well with her usual program
  • For those new to Walk Away the Pounds, I would probably recommend trying the Get up Get Started 1 mile workout or the 2 mile Brisk Walk before attempting this one

• by Jude244

If I had to pick my two favorite types of workouts, they would have to be kickboxing and walking. Now, thanks to my new Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Walk and Kick workout, I have the best of both worlds.

This fun workout combines Leslie’s phenomenal in home walking program with intervals of popular kickboxing moves. If you have ever done any of Leslie’s other DVD’s than you are probably familiar with her core moves already. Here she combines her core moves of walking, side steps, kicks, and knee lifts; with short bursts of kickboxing for a fun and challenging 30 minute workout.

This workout takes place on a set resembling a courtyard. Here, climbing vines meander across the lantern lit walls, and large domed windows

are backlit in cerulean. I have to say that I never tire of Sansone’s changing studio sets. I only wish other workout DVD’s put as much thought into their backgrounds.

The warm up begins her core moves set to a flute and whistle laced instrumental. Knowing that we will be doing kickboxing moves soon, I almost wish we did that first so I could see them. Oh well, I guess the warm up really serves to teach the core moves to those who have never done any of the other Walk Away the Pounds DVD’s.

The walk cycle gets off to a quick start thanks to the change of pace to a techno instrumental. I didn’t expect to go this fast this soon, but I guess we have ...

• a lot of ground to cover in this first two minute aerobic interval.

To give you an idea of the kickboxing segments for the first interval, I did moves such as mini-squats, bob & weave with arms up in ready position, cross punches, and uppercuts. This is definitely a fun addition to the workout, and it meshes together really well with her usual program. Whereas the first kickboxing interval was dedicated to the upper body, the next segment concentrates on the lower with moves such as front kicks, back kicks, and an easy front-back combo kick.

If you are new to kickboxing style workouts, rest assured these are not complicated intervals. Having done everything from Tae Bo to Cardio-Kickboxing, I can honestly say these moves aren’t the

type to trip you up. If anything moves like jabs, the feedbag, and knee-lift & punch combo’s, are actually a lot of fun.

For those new to Walk Away the Pounds, I would probably recommend trying the Get up Get Started 1 mile workout or the 2 mile Brisk Walk before attempting this one. As it is a little more brisk and involved than the mile walks, you may want to build up to this one.

Exercisers who are used to interval training or fairly confident in their fitness abilities may wish to jump right in and try this workout. If you’d like to join the “sisters in sweat” and try the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pound’s Walk and Kick workout, it is currently available on Amazon for 13.49 USD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415091268300330/k2311a0915/9.15.10