Shape: 20 Minute Makeover Workout DVD  » Health  »
  • I tried my second Shape workout DVD today, and I am happy to report that I found it more appealing than my last
  • I must admit I was a little disappointed with my last Shape workout
  • I thought I‘d begin with the 20 minute interval training to give you an overview of what the workout has to offer
  • I think that although they offer some modified positions, this workout is really aimed at beginners

• by Jude244

I tried my second Shape workout DVD today, and I am happy to report that I found it more appealing than my last. Although it has a similar configuration, it was a more inclusive session. Today’s Shape 20-Minute Makeover contained a 20 minute interval training session and also four ten minute target specific toning workouts.

Now I can build my perfect workout by combining the fat blasting interval workout with either the 10 minute Sculpted Arms, Flat Abs, Firm Lower Body, or Cardio Conditioning Segments. I love mix and match programs; it really allows you to choose the best workout possible each day.

I must admit I was a little disappointed with my last Shape workout. As all the shorter routines were ab specific, it just

felt as if it were really one ab workout that had been chopped into 5 minute segments. This workout however offers 10 minute segments for a variety of muscle groups.

I thought I‘d begin with the 20 minute interval training to give you an overview of what the workout has to offer. The instructor, clad in red and black and accompanied by two others, began the warm up by doing shoulder dips, spine and leg stretches, and shoulder rolls. The warm up was very short and then we went right into 2 minutes of cardio.

For the first cardio segment we did moves such as knee-lifts, flex foot kicks, pull and kicks, and step and taps. So far, I find the workout relatively easy to follow and ...

• well paced. The music is a bit monotonous but it does seem suitable for the timing.

Next, we complete the lower body interval of Lunges. The instructor seems sweet, sayings things such as “let your breath be your dancing partner here”. Overall you get the impression that she’s good at her job, and she’s as been doing this for a while.

Just like that we went back into a Cardio segment again. Here we did moves such as the Cross Lateral Leg lifts, Side Lateral Lunges, and a touch to the ground-throw to the side move. We also jumped in second position, and did more step and touch. One nice thing about intervals, I found I was never bored.

Next we go into a tree position for

Oblique Balancing Crunches and then do Rond de jambes. Somehow, I keep expecting to bust out the weights, but we haven’t really used them. Only one student is using a weight which looks to be a single 1 pound dumbbell.

I think that although they offer some modified positions, this workout is really aimed at beginners. Serious lifters may find the 1 pound weights comical, but just when you think that’s funny, you realize the girl on the end has no weights and is just moving her hands.

As for the four target specific toning segments, expect to see Planks, Triceps Dips, Plies, Crescent Lunges, Warrior pose, Frog pose, and more. If you’d like to try the Shape 20 Minute Makeover, it is currently available on Amazon for 13.99 USD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415091268280330/k2311a0915/9.15.10