Alabama Power Company  » Business  »
1.0
Alabama, USA
  • All that I can say is that if you expect to ever experience any hardships and need help with bill payments from time to time, don't switch to Alabama Power

• by reviewqueenb
      After moving to Alabama recently and using the Alabama Power Company, I must say that I have been in for a shock. Despite claims to be in the lower price range (compared with other states’ power companies) I have found my power bill being at an outrageous amount almost every month.

This is despite my living with one light on at a time in my home, with as little power being used as possible at all times.

I was forced to go

onto the Budget Billing Plan, which was a help, but I still have to pay about $250-$300 a month for a tiny two bedroom house (with only two people living in it).

As far as the service goes, I can’t say that they’ve been the most helpful or considerate.

When under the Georgia Power company, I was always allowed extensions on my bill whenever necessary.

In Alabama, I am allowed only very little leeway.

I have had my power cut off ...

• after just one month’s bill was late by a few days.

Also, when being put on the Budget Billing plan, the associate said nothing about the fact that if we wanted off of it we would have to pay the difference that it had saved me.

I have had to pay hundreds of dollars more than what the actuall bill was at several instances because my “average” was higher than the actual amount.

I am now losing money every month.

I can

understand the process now, but I would have decided not to do it had the associate explained all the details.

She simply stated that my monthly bill would be an average of my previous bills.

It really doesn’t help much.

All that I can say is that if you expect to ever experience any hardships and need help with bill payments from time to time, don’t switch to Alabama Power.

Uh oh, my heater just cut itself on, gotta go turn it back off!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411302126801228/k2311a0213/2.13.07