Colonial Inn in Norwood, NJ  » Other  »
545 Tappan Road, Norwood, NJ
  • The Colonial Inn of Norwood, NJ is a catering facility that hosts weddings, company events, fundraisers, etc. My husband and I got married there and it was the best experience ever
  • The lower ceilings of many banquet halls do not look as fancy in my opinion
  • Then the cocktail hour was in the smaller banquet room which was amazing

• by Slappy

The Colonial Inn of Norwood, NJ is a catering facility that hosts weddings, company events, fundraisers, etc. My husband and I got married there and it was the best experience ever!

We’ve been to many “upscale” expensive weddings that don’t even compare to the Colonial Inn in quality. First of all, the cathedral ceilings in the main room of the Colonial Inn make the ambiance much more welcoming. The lower ceilings of many banquet halls do not look as fancy in my opinion. The price is just right as well. It was the cheapest,

but most elegant of all the places we looked at.

We got married on the premises in the chapel. We had a large wedding so we basically took over the chapel, but it was reasonably sized for an indoor room. Then the cocktail hour was in the smaller banquet room which was amazing. The food was excellent - well from what I did taste considering I didn’t get much time to eat. My favorite feature of the cocktail hour was the ice sculpture appletini. It featured their appletini directly in the ice sculpture with ...

• a spigot to pour the drink. Many of our guests LOVED that feature.

Our wedding was in the main room, where 150 guests were guaranteed. It wouldn’t be worth it to have that room with anything less than that as the room is huge. It has a private bar in both the cocktail and main rooms which was a very ample size. There was plenty of space for the band to set up as well.

For dessert we obviously had our choice of wedding cake all included in the price. We also had

the option of an additional dessert cart and our dessert of choice was bananas foster which the guests also loved.

The staff there is very friendly and reliable and are at the Bride and Groom’s beckon call. Everything went completely smoothly that night and it turned out wonderfully. One more thing - there is also a garden setting on the grounds next door with a small bridge, gazebo and bench where awesome pictures can be taken. We got our whole wedding party together before the wedding and fortunately the weather was awesome so the pictures turned out great.

Dave Wolven says :

Dave W. 4/29/2013 We just got married here and EVERY guest said this was the best wedding they had ever been to. Thank you Guarino family, the entire staff and to Tommy Spinelli who without him, this day would have never been the same If you are looking for the perfect venue look no further.

crystal replies :

I couldn’t agree more.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1215091267710230/k2311a0915/9.15.10