How To Train Your Dragon (2010)  » Movies  »
  • I don't think that I have enjoyed a movie quite so much since I was a kid
  • I wish more family films such as How To Train Your Dragon would appear on our screens,and I believe it is destined to become a classic

• by aarddragon

How To Train Your Dragon (Dreamworks) has it all–fantasy,comedy,action and adventure,even a little romance. In the opening scene the Viking clan who inhabit the island of Berk are battling dragons who habitually carry off their sheep and set fire to their houses. Here we meet Hiccup (voiced by Jay Burchel),the scrawny son of the village Chieftain,Stoick (Gerard Butler).

Hiccup is more brains than brawn,and doesn’t really fit in with the rest of his clan. He wants desperately to win the approval of his father and the acceptance of the other Vikings,and

so sets out to kill a dragon to prove his mettle.

He lucks out and shoots down a dreaded Night Fury–a dragon that no one has ever seen,that attacks by launching blasts similar to lighning bolts. When Hiccup tracks down the dragon,still alive but helplessly entangled in the bolas he shot from his canon invention,he takes pity on the creature and releases him.

It then becomes apparent that the Night Fury can no longer fly,due to the loss of one of his tail fins. Hiccup leaves the dragon hidden in the forest,and keeps him a secret from the people of his village.

Because the dragon can not hunt for himself,Hiccup brings him fish to eat and,with time and patience,wins his trust. A truely magical,but forbidden, friendship begins between the boy and the dragon,whom Hiccup names Toothless.

Hiccup soon divises a prosthetic fin that enables Toothless to fly again–but only when Hiccup is on board to control it. The two become a close team,and, through his friendship with Toothless,Hiccup learns that the dragons are not the ruthless enemies that his people believe ...

• How To Train Your Dragon (2010)
      them to be.

Both the dragons and the Vikings are victims of a powerful controlling dragon that needs to be destroyed to ultimately save them all. It’s up to the boy and the dragon to confront the real villian in a thrilling,emotional climax.

I don’t think that I have enjoyed a movie quite so much since I was a kid. The visual effects are incredible,especially the flight scenes,the final battle sequence, and the background images (which look very real).

The musical score suits the film perfectly. The human characters

look a little cartoony,but are so personable that I often felt that they were more real than a lot of flesh and blood actors! Hiccup is very likeable as the underdog who becomes a hero.

Toothless is the sort of animal friend and companion that so many children dream of having and,through his grace and charm,he will surely take his place among the most memorable and well-loved cinema animals of all time. I wish more family films such as How To Train Your Dragon would appear on our screens,and I believe it is destined to become a classic.

How To Train Your Dragon (2010)
Chiara Fontana says :

re : I wish more family films such as How To Train Your Dragon would appear on our screens,and I believe it is destined to become a classic
I went to the cinema to see this movie with some friends . I know it’s supposed to be amovie for kids but i think it can enjoyable even if you’re a grown up. It’s cute, and it makes you laugh.

Katherine says :

I went to see this movie with my friends as well and….. we loved it like maniacs Personally I think it gives a huge message of acceptance and the concept is original. Gerard Butler did an amazing job as the rest of the cast, it was amazing to watch it and I cried in the end because I was all worried, later I cried because he lost his leg but what amazed was how they took a topic a bit delicate for many and made it a personal scar to keep fighting, he lost his leg but he was the same He changed the vision of his people and that was very touching for me. This was the beginning of an amazing story and I just really really left the cinema feeling good, relaxed and inspired.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115091267700230/k2311a0915/9.15.10