Samsung LN40C550 40″ Flat Screen TV
  • It makes me feel like I am actually in the TV and I like to think of it as a 3-D like effect
  • It definitely took some getting used to as it was a whole new way to watch TV for me, but now that I'm used to it I LOVE it

• by Slappy

I have the Samsung LN40C550 40″ Flat Screen TV in my living room at home. In my opinion, this TV is amazing. The picture quality is simply excellent.

There’s plenty of HDTVs that I’ve seen that I haven’t been completely wowed by, but I am by this one. It is 1080p H-D which makes it Blu-Ray ready.

We do in fact have a Blu-Ray player which makes an already great picture even more outstanding. One of my favorite features of this TV is the motion flow technology.

It makes me feel like I am actually in the

TV and I like to think of it as a 3-D like effect. It definitely took some getting used to as it was a whole new way to watch TV for me, but now that I’m used to it I LOVE it! My husband and I are big gamers and this is the perfect TV for gaming.

We also have company that comes over and likes to watch the sports games on it. For gaming and sports, both fast moving pictures, this TV handles them beautifully.

In my book, the LEDs are way too expensive. This TV is ...

• the perfect alternative to an LED.

Of course the LED quality is better, but it is way out of my price range and I don’t feel any reason to spend the money on it anyway. It sets up easily straight out of the box and is pretty user friendly.

It’s aesthetically appealing, at least in my eyes, with a black frame and black stand as well. I also love the added bonus of it being EPA Energy friendly which makes it better for the environment.

Sometimes I’ll dose off on the couch late at night and not turn the

TV off and it has an automatic shut off mode. Around 2:00 in the morning a message pops up on the screen saying to press any button on the remote if you want to continue watching TV.

If you happen to still be watching it, it takes two seconds to press the key and it leaves you alone after that. For those sleepers like me, it saves a lot of energy.

It doesn’t fully turn off, as the sound is still on, but the picture itself turns off which saves the screen. I give this TV a great review and a must buy!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1615091267660230/k2311a0915/9.15.10