California Baby Calendula Cream  » Baby care  »
  • Well, the first night of using the California Baby Calendula Cream was a interesting one
  • I know this is minor but to me it’s a big deal
  • WE had tried tons of different remedies to fix this issue but nothing has been working

• by willyable

I’m all about my daughter having cream for her skin. Surprisingly I’m the type of father who is concerned about what type of things we use on her skin. I mean honestly I’m not into the baby oil or lotion because her skin is sensitive. My wife bought this cream called California Baby Calendula Cream. I have heard of this a couple of times in my lifetime. My mother-in-law used to use it on my neice (in law) So I knew of this product, I was just unsure about how well it would do on my daughter.

Well, the first night of using the California Baby Calendula Cream was a interesting one. First of all, I hate the way that it smell. I guess it’s one of those all natural products; which is perfectly fine with me. I just don’t want my baby walking around smelling like a live forest.

And to me, that is exactly what she smelled like. I know this is minor but to me it’s a big deal. I feel like babies should smell like baby powder.

Another thing that I didn’t like about the California Baby Calendula Cream is that it was extremely thick. My wife asked me to rub her down with it when she got out the tub. It took me about 10 minutes to rub her entire body down because I had to break the stuff down first in between my hands. Now I will admit that it made my daughters skin soft and that is a plus. But it still is really thick. So thick, that in the summer time it makes her sweat a lot. I guess it clogs up her pores so much that they can’t breath. I had to tell my wife to stop putting that on her ...

• in the summer time before we leave the house.

Third of all why is this tub of cream $20 for only 4 oz? The tub is really small so I personally feel as if we just gave away our money. I’m sure we could have found something a little less expensive with more to offer.

The main reason why my wife bought this cream was because my daughter has eczema, and maybe I should have stated that in the first place. WE had tried tons of different remedies to fix this issue but nothing has been working. I will be the first to say that this cream actually works when it comes to keeping her skin from getting dry and itchy. The patches that were normally on your fore arm, are now fading away which is a great thing. So I can’t say all bad things about California Baby Calendula

Cream but I can say that it still stinks and it’s way too thick.

We have no started using it for cups and scraps only. Since it’s also considered a first aid remedy, we didn’t have to shove it in the closet and forget about it. I told my wife that it smelled as if that’s how we should be using it. It smelled more like a medicine than anything else. We are also able to use this stuff for cradle cap as well. And it does work very well in this area because our daughter ended up getting cradle cap a couple of times and it worked like a charm.

This stuff isn’t all that bad but believe me when I say that it’s not my favorite thing to put on my daughter. We don’t’ use it anymore but when we did it did what it was suppose to do, HEAL!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5415091267250230/k2311a0915/9.15.10