Directv Satellite Service
1.0
  • Certain practices I don’t agree with and certain way they approach things I don’t agree with
  • I enjoy the services and the channels that I get
  • This is one of the things that I noticed about my package
  • I wanted the ticket last year and guess how much that cost me
  • They offer some of the best channels like MTV, MTV2, CNN, History channel, HBO, HBOW, HBOE etc. I just wish they would show a little more love to their customers

• by willyable

My feelings for Direct Tv are black and white. Part of me wants to say negative things about Directv but at the same time I want to give them positive props. I mean they aren’t a bad company, there are just a few things that I don’t like about them. Certain practices I don’t agree with and certain way they approach things I don’t agree with.

I enjoy the services and the channels that I get. My bill is a bit high though. I pay $150 a month for up to 80 channels. Well, actually it goes up to 800 but half of them are worth less. This is one of the things that I noticed about my package. I don’t have as many channels as they make it seem like I do but they

charge me an arm and a leg. Contrary to the positive, they are pretty high when it comes to extra channels. I wanted the ticket last year and guess how much that cost me? I had to paid a little over $100 just so I could watch all of the football games!

Another thing that I dislike about Directv is that they lock you into a 2 year contract and if you want to get out of your contract then you have to pay $400 to get out of it. That is way too much money just to get out of a contract. I didn’t find out about this fee until AFTER I signed up with them.

I also don’t like that if you just so happen to get your services interrupted then you are going to have ...

• to pay your entire bill to get it cut on. They aren’t willing to work with you on your bill or anything. Mean it’s crazy that our economy is in such a rut but no one is willing to work with you. I think Directv would be a great satellite company if they were more into their customers. I have found that this company is more into the money aspect of things. They could careless about their customers. I’ve gotten that feeling every single time I’ve talked to a customer service rep.

Pay Per view movies are high as heck. I can go to Redbox and get the same movie for a Buck. Directv want to charge my $3-$4 for a single movie. They aren’t fun to have and I can’t wait until I get out of

my contract. IF I could I would take the channels that I currently have and move them to the ext company I sign up with.

I do like that I Can pay my bill online, that’s a pretty convenient feature. I also like that eve during the storms that we have, we rarely go through a blackout. They are pretty reliable and that is a what makes them stand out against companies like Dish Network. Everything negative lies in their customer service and the way they treat their customers. Their business as a whole is great. They offer some of the best channels like MTV, MTV2, CNN, History channel, HBO, HBOW, HBOE etc. I just wish they would show a little more love to their customers. I don’t plan on staying with them for too much longer.

Directv Satellite Service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2315091267110130/k2311a0915/9.15.10