Sony Xplode Radio/cassette/CD Boombox  » Electronics  »
1.5
  • I thought that buying this Boombox would actually be a cool purchase but I was so wrong
  • Unfortunately this CD player was a piece of crap all the way around
  • But as soon as you turn them all the way up, you will definitely get a taste of distortion
  • Now, the CD player does not play burnt CD’s which is a problem because we buy a lot of music off of iTunes
  • Recommend this for children but definitely not for Adults

• by willyable

I wanted to talk about this Sony Xplode Radio/cassette /CD Boombox because I have so many smart things tot say when it comes to this CD player. I hate so many things about this CD player it’s ridiculous. I thought that buying this Boombox would actually be a cool purchase but I was so wrong. I guess the look of the Player is what caught my attention. I never realized that the low grade technology was going to keep it from actually being about something.

First of all I want to call myself an idiot because who spend $114 on a boom box player that has a cassette player on it? No one plays cassette players anymore, so why did I even waste my time? Well the answer

is clean and clear, I wanted my daughter to have a radio in her room so she could enjoy her playtime with music involved. I figured buying her a decent boom box would do the trick. Unfortunately this CD player was a piece of crap all the way around.

The only real thing that I liked about the boom box was the way that it looked. The only thing that I gravitated to was the look. This is what made me want to buy it in the first place. I made a superficial purchase.

When it all boils down to it, this boom box plays horribly. The speakers are some of the worst speakers that I’ve ever heard before in my life. As long as the speakers aren’t ...

• turned all the way up to the point where they are blasting then they are alright. But as soon as you turn them all the way up, you will definitely get a taste of distortion.

As far as the cassette player is concerned, there isn’t much to say about this thing. I mean we found a few tapes that we threw in to see how it played. And there was nothing special about it. The main thing that we use is the CD player. Now, the CD player does not play burnt CD’s which is a problem because we buy a lot of music off of iTunes. And when we buy music, there are times when we want to transfer them to a CD. Unfortunately this Boombox doesn’t

play burnt CDs so that’s just another thing that made this boom box crappy.

The CD features are track programming, shuffle and repeat, which is what we use majority of the time. The features weren’t much to brag about considering that there wasn’t many.

The FM radio doesn’t work all that well either. And since analog isn’t the way of the world these days, the antenna is pretty much purposeless. We barely get great reception when it comes to the radio. The only other positive thing that I can say is that the navigation menu was easy to read and easy to understand. That’s about the only positive thing I can say about this horrible CD player. Recommend this for children but definitely not for Adults.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1615091267040130/k2311a0915/9.15.10