Hellcats: A World Full of Strangers TV Show  » TV  »
  • There was a cast change made after it had been completed, and from what I saw, I believe they went back and re-filmed some scenes and edited out replaced characters
  • The run in with Marti over the issue of cheerleaders being athletes was pretty good
  • Still, I like that this is a friendship that grows and develops over time

• by Orrymain

I was not expecting to watch the new series, Hellcats, at all. I guess I was just bored, but for whatever reason, I tuned in to see A World Full of Strangers, which was the pilot.

Now I think the pilot was altered. There was a cast change made after it had been completed, and from what I saw, I believe they went back and re-filmed some scenes and edited out replaced characters.

The star of

the ensemble series is Alyson Michalka. She portrays Marti Perkins, a law student who learns that her scholarship is cancelled and has to vie for one of the few possibilities remaining, a cheerleader scholarship.

I am not sure that I buy that watching Bring It On and practicing a day or two in her house makes her good enough to land on a university squad. There should have been some physical quality or history to ...

• make this believable early on. Toward the end, we do see that there is some athletic ability in her past history, so at that point, it made things more believable. It just should have been explained earlier.

Ashley Tisdale is superb as Savannah Monroe as the team captain. I liked her putting the team first. The run in with Marti over the issue of cheerleaders being athletes was pretty good. The only negative

is that it was presented in a trivial manner. Still, I like that this is a friendship that grows and develops over time.

Gail O’Grady is a regular, appearing as Wanda Perkins, Marti’s mom. Actually, to me, she’s very unlikable. She had no remorse about what she did concerning her daughter’s scholarship.

Overall, the show entertained me. Now the question is whether or not it will go overly soap opera-ish or keep the drama at the forefront.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1015091266750130/k2311a0915/9.15.10