Royal Wedding movie  » Movies  »
  • The best part of Royal Wedding was Astaire's acclaimed dancing on the wall routine
  • He was brilliant and watching it was simply amazing

• by Orrymain

Royal Wedding is one of the classic musicals from 1951 which is actually now in the public domain, which is why it’s often included in DVD compilations. That’s how I watched it recently, in fact. I’m sure I probably saw this as a child because I adore musicals like this one, but quite honestly, it all felt new to me.

Royal Wedding is loosely based on the real life partnership of star Fred Astaire

and his sister, Adele, with whom he danced for a long time. This movie has Astaire playing the part of Tom Bowen, a successful dancer who performs with his sister, Ellen.

Playing Ellen is Jane Powell, and she does a great job. I loved her attitude and the girl power that the portrayal possessed. She went together with Astaire quite well, and that wasn’t always easy to do.

Also in the movie were Peter ...

• Lawford as Lord John Brindale, Sarah Churchill as Anne Ashmond, and Keenan Wynn playing two roles, brothers Irving and Edgar Klinger.

I actually thought that Lawford was rather low key in this part. I’m used to seeing him with a bit more flair than what I saw in Royal Wedding. Churchill was okay, but she didn’t impress me because I just didn’t sense any real spark in her. Wynn, however, was a delight.

He was funny and enjoyable to watch from beginning to end.

The best part of Royal Wedding was Astaire’s acclaimed dancing on the wall routine. This is known around the world as being one of the most innovative and delightful routines. He was brilliant and watching it was simply amazing.

The scenery in this picture was awesome, and the music was good, but not overly fantastic. It’s the dance that makes this one stand out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115091266331230/k2311a0915/9.15.10