The Long, Long Trailer movie  » Movies  »
  • Another plus moment in my opinion was the song that the couple sang which I believe was called Breezin' Along With the Breeze
  • That's not an easy thing to do and I enjoyed the humor and nervousness of this lesson, as well as Nicky's various moments of worry throughout the motion picture
  • It's fun, good, clean humor, and I like that a lot

• by Orrymain

The Long, Long Trailer was released in 1953 and starred the real life married couple of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. They were an intriguing and vibrant couple in their day. I remember watching this comedy as a child, but it’s been many, many years since I’d seen it until having it show up on a

DVD collection I was gifted it.

One of the highlights for me was a funny bit with Nicky (Arnaz) driving while his bride Tacy (Ball) was in the trailer, being tossed all around and ending up a mess. This, of course, is illegal, something the movie actually referenced a bit later.

Another plus moment in my opinion was the song that the couple sang which I believe was called “Breezin’ Along With the Breeze”. It was so pleasant and nice, a very relaxed and loving moment as the newlyweds were traversing the nation’s highways. I liked it quite a lot, even though Ball really wasn’t a singer.

Another standout segment for me was early on when ...

• The Long, Long Trailer movie
      Nicky was getting a driving lesson about how to drive with their very long trailer attached to the car. That’s not an easy thing to do and I enjoyed the humor and nervousness of this lesson, as well as Nicky’s various moments of worry throughout the motion picture.

In fact, I just loved it when they are hauling

that trailer up a steep climb and they both are scared but try to hide it. It is brilliant and so very entertaining.

Ultimately, the movie is all about adjustments of a just married couple. It’s fun, good, clean humor, and I like that a lot. Adding to the fun are nice performances by Marjorie Main and Keenan Wynn.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115091266311230/k2311a0915/9.15.10