Mr. Adam’s Bomb movie short  » Movies  »
1.0
  • That’s the best I can say about the performers
  • I think the theme is about not assuming and starting rumors, but I'm not sure

• by Orrymain

Mr. Adam’s Bomb from 1949 was a really weird film that catered to an offbeat story line that frankly bored me and barely had a comprehendible plot. It opens in an entertaining way, with a man named Johnson doing the jitterbug with the maid. It is probably the only part of this movie short that was fun and amusing. His wife objects to the dancing, but it’s

not because of anything untoward but because of the silliness apparently.

From here, this story takes a weird twist involving the wife’s brother, who is apparently building some unknown object in his room. People think it’s a bomb, and the police are actually concerned, so much so that they plan to attend a party the family is having that night to determine if there is a threat or not.

• Honestly, how absurd is that? I just don’t get that logic at all.

That is just one problem with this tale. On the whole, there is horrible acting especially with the cop and some other guy he’s talking to as he talks about the brother and whatever is happening. The scene just made me want to crawl away. It was one of the worst acting between two people

that I’ve seen in a very long time.

The only one worth watching was Margaret Westfield. Overall, she entertains and is okay. That’s the best I can say about the performers.

I think the theme is about not assuming and starting rumors, but I’m not sure. It doesn’t matter. The plot is horrid, the acting bad, and it just isn’t worth the time. This movie short comes up short.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115091266251230/k2311a0915/9.15.10