Iomega Prestige 320 GB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive  » Computers  »
  • One of the things I learned is the importance of having a variety of back up plans for anything I really deem to be valuable on my computer
  • Choosing an external hard drive was really difficult because even the best rated hard drives had nasty opinions about them on the internet
  • I went with this product because I have personally had good experience with Iomega products and because the product was on sale, an important criteria since I am financially challenged as they say

• by Orrymain

A few years back I suffered a horrid hard drive crash, one that was devastating because of the non replaceable items that went down for the count. The hard drive was totally damaged and the material could not be retrieved. Because of some really bad technical service from a company that turned out to be a real rip off and a bunch of scam artists (hey, my credit card company agreed and refunded me everything these idiots charged me), my computer never worked right again, not even with a brand new hard drive again. It was a nightmare that, for financial reasons, I just had to live with; that is, until

I finally was able to move out of the dark ages into the modern world of computers earlier this year.

One of the things I learned is the importance of having a variety of back up plans for anything I really deem to be valuable on my computer. If I am not prepared to lose it, then I had better make sure to back it up, which I do a variety of ways. One of the methods is to use an external hard drive and the one I selected was the Iomega Prestige 320 GB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive.

Choosing an external hard drive was really difficult because even the best rated ...

• hard drives had nasty opinions about them on the internet. How do you choose one when even those deemed to be the best have negative reviews? It was difficult. I went with this product because I have personally had good experience with Iomega products and because the product was on sale, an important criteria since I am financially challenged as they say.

In talking with people, there seems to be some consensus that one of the reasons why externals might fail is the way they are handled. Mine is treated with great care. It mostly sits in protective wrapping and is not moved around very much.

The Iomega Prestige 320

GB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive is compact. It’s just a few inches wide and long and deep. It would fit easily in a purse or broad pocket. It works easily just by plugging it into the USB port. Transferring material is easy.

I have not had any issues with the product, and hopefully that will continue to be the case. Still, as I said, I no longer put all of my eggs in one basket. The only change I would make with this external hard drive is that the next time, I’ll probably purchase a much larger capacity one. The difference in price is not that much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1915091266221230/k2311a0915/9.15.10