Hershey’s Full Size Variety Pack: 30 count candy bars  » Food  »
  • I love it all probably too much, but I've grown up with a nice chocolate thumb
  • In this case, that is where I bought this product, and I paid $12.80
  • I'm showing my age here, but I remember when those same bars cost a nickle

• by Orrymain

I love chocolate. I love candy. I love it all probably too much, but I’ve grown up with a nice chocolate thumb. However, an individual candy bar is sky high in price now, and my love of the rich chocolate anything has to be tempered by financial reality. That’s why, when I can, I purchase the Hershey’s Full Size Variety Pack.

This collection of bars from the Hershey family includes 30 individual

candy bars. It’s available from stores that tend to sale bulk items, such as Sam’s Club. In this case, that is where I bought this product, and I paid $12.80.

For that price, I received 7 of the classic Hershey’s milk chocolate candy bars, 7 of their Hershey’s milk chocolate with almonds, 6 Kit Kat bars, and 10 packages of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Since all of those are winners in my book,

• that’s a plus.

I’m especially fond of the traditional milk chocolate bars. That’s the real thing, and the taste is a standout in all ways good.

However, the big reason for buying the 30 count Hershey’s Full Size Variety Pack is the price.

When I go to the store, a regular sized candy bar is somewhere between 80 cents and a dollar. To me, that is insane. I’m showing my age here, but I remember

when those same bars cost a nickle. I cannot pay 80 cents for a candy bar like that; I just can’t do it.

However, do the math. $12.80 divided by 30 is a much more approachable 43 cents. To me, that’s still outrageous, but if I have that candy craving, I’m going to buy something like this, or nothing.

My advice is to seek out the places that sell this product and others like it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715091266191230/k2311a0915/9.15.10