Marie Callender’s Country Fried Chicken & Gravy  » Food  »
  • While this variety isn't a new one for Marie Callender's, it was on sale, and I noticed that the gravy was provided in a pouch instead of mixed in
  • I'll start with the mashed potatoes because I love them when they are good, and these are good
  • Because I enjoyed the potatoes and corn so much, though, and because I believe this brand has been making great strides recently, I may still give this variety another chance

• by Orrymain

Marie Callender’s Country Fried Chicken & Gravy is another product I tried recently for the first time. While this variety isn’t a new one for Marie Callender’s, it was on sale, and I noticed that the gravy was provided in a pouch instead of mixed in.

I am not a big sauce and gravy person. One thing I really don’t like about a lot of the frozen food products on the market is that gravy is mixed

in with the potatoes and meat, be it chicken, beef, or turkey. I don’t want that. I have bought it from time to time, but I’m always scraping off the gravy or doing whatever I could to minimalize my intake of it.

When I saw that the gravy was in its own pouch, I was sold. I had to try this.

Marie Callender’s Country Fried Chicken & Gravy consists of white meat chicken, cheddar topped mashed potatoes,

• and white and yellow corn.

I’ll start with the mashed potatoes because I love them when they are good, and these are good. They were hot, light, and the cheddar really added a nice zest to the smoothness. I was completely satisfied and wanting more.

The corn was an equal delight. I really do love corn a lot, and when I get it done well, I can eat a lot of it. These were great.

I was a hundred percent satisfied.

Now the chicken was a disappointment. I don’t know if it didn’t cook enough or cooked too much, but I didn’t even finish it. It was just awful. Because I enjoyed the potatoes and corn so much, though, and because I believe this brand has been making great strides recently, I may still give this variety another chance. However, for the purposes here, the chicken just did not work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715091266131230/k2311a0915/9.15.10